GUI Software Engineer
Less than 5 years experience •
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-4 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using software systems design tools and languages.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing software systems running on multiple platform types.
- Software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.