Careers that Change Lives
You will be a key member of Medtronic’s Minimally Invasive Therapies Group (MITG) Business Unit engineering team to develop and support the next-generation robotically assisted minimally invasive surgical platform.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions. SURGICAL INNOVATIONS sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
A Day in the Life
You will focus on the Graphical User Interface (GUI) for the robotic-assisted Einstein medical product software development under the direction of senior Engineers and experienced peers. You will be hands on for testing and debugging GUI on system hardware.
- Assist in development of the current and next generation Graphical User Interface for the robotic-assisted Einstein medical product on Windows, QNX, and Linux.
- Software development will be in the context of a large medical manufacturing environment.
- Write C++ and/or QML code for new features or at a maintenance level, and/or scripts used in the software development process.
- Test and fix software defects, and join in other software development activities.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or Equivalent Degree with appropriate experience plus minimum of 1-to-2 years of software development experience. Must have practical programming experience.
- Demonstrated coding skills in C++, preferably C++11.
- Must have a commitment to solid, high-quality code.
- Exposure to graphical user interface software development.
- Qt framework knowledge
- Developed software with Linux and/or Microsoft software development tools.
- Excellent communication and teaming skills.
- This position requires person to be able to lift small loads and maneuver in laboratory spaces for accessing the robotically-assisted surgical equipment when testing.
- Is local, or willing to relocate to Boston; Can commute and work onsite in the Boston office with the option to telecommute and work remotely a portion of the week, as business needs allow.