We are seeking an innovative, self-starting individual willing to roll up their sleeves in a highly dynamic, cross-functional and complex data-center environment. The GUI Front-End Software Developer will support our customer by implementing a front-end GUI for an existing back-end database system.
This position is located in Kearneysville, WV.
This position requires full U.S. Citizenship and an active/recent U.S. Government clearance.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with the full software engineering/development life-cycle
- Visual Studio experience
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases and web development
- Use of version control systems, preferably GIT
- Experience with n-tier web-application development.
- Experience with IIS Management and configuration
- Strong Object-Oriented development skills
- Web services and API experience
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or equivalent work experience within the Information Technology or Information Assurance industry
- 5 to 8 years, proven working experience as a web developer
- Develop and implement GUI or web based front ends for databases or stand-alone web apps to aid data collection systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain tools and dashboards for the capture, storage, processing, and presentation of target data
- Program design, coding, unit testing, debugging and documentation
- Ability to reverse-engineer applications and refactor code
- Perform Code Peer Reviews
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Support the Compliance & Measures Reporting Program ensuring accurate situational awareness at appropriate command and senior management levels both local and enterprise-wide
- Obtain and maintain knowledge of NIST, OMB, DHS, DoD, FISMA policies, and vendor publications related to enterprise technologies to enable effective risk based decision making.
- Support review and validation of web focused vulnerabilities and their associated remediation.
- Participate in the development and review of information system security policy and standards, including writing guidelines, standards, procedures, and other technical documentation (technical roadmaps, project plans, analytic reports, etc.)
- Provide detailed security-related reports including data, analyses, and conclusions upon completion of tests, scans, and assessments, including mitigations and, if indicated, appropriate escalation of identified risks and vulnerabilities.
- Maintain and/or increase proficiency of their own knowledge of the latest web development and web security techniques and technologies.
- Assist IA team members with keeping up to date on web security techniques and technologies, and industry best practices.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Strong mathematical/statistical skills
- JSON format experience
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Kibana Dashboarding experience
- WebInspect Enterprise knowledge and experience
- IAT Level II Security Certification in accordance with Department of Defense 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program. This includes a current certification in any one of the following: CCNS Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP.