A leading global financial services firm is currently seeking a GUI Devloper to join their team in New York. This firm is active in investment banking, wealth management, securities, and investment management services. This firm gives you the opportunity to work next to some of the best professionals in the business with cutting edge technology. The technology team's priorities include cloud computing, big data and analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity as well as staying up to date on emerging technologies.
In this firm not only are you learning and working on prestigious projects but you also have the ability to give back to the community. This firm uses their business skills to help nonprofits and they volunteer globally. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone at any level looking to excel their career. This candidate will join a team that is currently assessing consolidation of existing systems, and technologies on which to build new systems to supporttrading desk's processes.
- Working with the development teams, traders, analysts, and strategists to assess system needs
- Contributing to design ideas and system direction
- Developing systems that cover all aspects secondary mortgage market trading: pre-purchase analytics, rate sheet creation, trade processing, risk calculation, and many others.
- 5+ years professional development experience, preferably within the finance industry
- Ability to support distributed systems in a highly complex, high-urgency environment
- Ability to manage tasks and plan deliverables in a structured manner.
- Ability to switch between technologies while both supporting legacy systems and building new systems
- Strong experience with HTML5
- Strong CSS3 experience
- Strong Unix / Linux experience
- Working experience with the following technologies
- Q/ KDB
- Korn shell
- Working knowledge of Blockchain / Distributed Ledger technology
- Working knowledge of US residential mortgages