Guest Services Manager
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Front Office in managing the day-to-day operations for bellstand, valet parking, valet dispatcher, shuttle drivers, including profitable financial management and proactive strategic leadership. This role will contribute to the organization as an active business partner that is responsible for supporting the company's goals, objectives, vision, mission, and values. This role will serve as the Manager on Duty for shifts as needed.
Major areas of responsibility/ management include, but are not limited to:
- Lead by example; support the department operation and provide direct service to guests as needed.
- Oversee the arrival and departure experience, ensuring guests expectations are exceeded at all times.
- Assist in creating and implementing profit and flow-through enhancing strategies and programs.
- Review daily financial and labor reports; providing suggestions for adjusting the operation as needed to achieve annual budget and forecasts.
- Assist in creating, implementing and executing department trainings, recruiting and innovative pre-shifts.
- Assist in managing associate engagement, scheduling, payroll, counseling and quarterly department meetings.
- Handle guest concerns and inquiries.
- Support the hotel's life-safety systems and be prepared at all times for emergency situations.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in customer service
- Two (2) to three (3) years of hotel supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Opera and Outlook; daily use of nearly all programs will occur
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license and be able to drive vehicles in the course of work
- Luxury hotel experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience in using Birchstreet, HotSOS and Rex preferred