GTS Director, IT Service & Incident Mgmt
11 - 15 years experience • Internet Services
Summary of This Role
Responsible for leading geographically dispersed, 24x7 rotating team, delivering critical incident and problem management services for the enterprise . Leader will be accountable for providing critical incident management support service, for all critical business systems, through an on-call rotation within the team. Team is accountable for driving all service restoration activities, to include; engagement, notification and post-eventcommunications. Leader will own the problem management methodologies to drive relentless pursuit of root cause and provide "customer-ready" RFO and RCA incident summaries following major events. Additionally responsible for owning and chairing post-impact stakeholder review meetings, reporting and tracking KPI's and identifying tends in negative health indicators for proactive problem management. Position will require significant leadership of team members located globally within the appropriate TSYS locations.
What Part Will You Play?
- Oversee the long range goals and objectives of the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) teams for IT infrastructure within the data centers, including, server environments, mainframes, Hewlett Packard Non-Stops, databases, networkinfrastructures and related security concerns. Facilitate the adoption and implementations of ITSM methodologies to ensure individual performance levels meet customer needs and Service Level Agreements (SLA's) are met consistently.
- Accountable for IT infrastructure and service deployment/operations including process development and management, system availability, Tier 1/Tier2 support for TSYS datacenters. Disciplines include: system availability, data center business information needs, global job processing, back-up and restore, Disaster Recovery, automation, performance management and maintenance. Manage third party vendors in direct support of operations to ensure compliance and customer expectations are met.
- Direct investigation and remediation of service disruptions to determine Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and ensure reduction in recurring incidents. Oversee the 24/7 IT Service Desk monitoring and incident response of level 1 and level 2 infrastructure and environment incidents. Provide management oversight of ITSM tools to reduce impacts related to events, incidents, problems and changes; improving service availability and capacity management. Provide subject matter expertise for ITSM roles within the technical support organizations to expedite the remediation of disrupted, degraded or otherwise failing services.
- Design, implement, and conduct analysis of daily, weekly and monthly service health reporting used by senior management in regard to incidents, system performance, service levels, response rates, change initiatives, etc. Reporting includes resource allocation, financials/budget, risks, variances, etc. for multiple and varying initiatives / projects / incidents.
- Develop communication practices to ensure the communication from incident management staff to their respective stakeholders is accurate, timely and effective. Ensure all stakeholders involved in the Incident Management Process are kept abreast of the incident and status during periodic updates. Initiate contact with resources needed to restore services during an incident and allocates resources until the service is restored. Communicate the status of problem resolution efforts with all levels of the organization, from highly technical to key business leaders. Provide effective communication across the business and organization during major incidents.
- Participate in the establishment of and execute the strategic direction of the relationships between the organization and third parties. Accountable for the effective governance and execution of the third party contracts across multiple countries. Designs and develops process, best practice and metrics to ensure the strategic goals of the business are underpinned and supported. Establishes and grows key stakeholders to facilitate effective incident management.
- Direct, coordinate and oversee all aspects of improving the customer experience via service management support of payment processing platforms and infrastructure. Evaluate analytical and systemic problems of environments to identify gaps in service level expectations, capacity management and performance expectations. Provide key input for enterprise decisions and strategic direction of core service management disciplines. Develop, plan and implement corrective action plans to ensure proper remediation and acceptable fault tolerance . Works with stakeholders to understand the events and trends affecting performance for internal and external business.
- Collaborate with leaders in other functional areas to define and implement processes and improvements to methodologies. Participate in the definition and implementation of enterprise standards and procedures relative to the IT Service Management (ITSM). Ensure standards, practices and guidelines are implemented and enforced as part of the production readiness activities. Assist with defining and reviewing production performance metrics, including Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Drive continual service improvement through design, development and implementation of key process enhancement and associated metrics.
- Accountable for the development and achievement of annual budgets. Ensures staffing , tools and projects align with business and technical strategic plans.
- Oversees and serves as a point of contact for internal audits, client review documentation and other regulatory compliance issues. Accountable for department compliance with security, legal and industry standards.
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 10 years
- related professional experience including a minimum of 5-6 years experience in a managerial position.
- Master's Degree
- related field of study from an accredited university.
- Prior TSYS, payment or technology industry experience is preferred.