GSO Finance Tax
Assistant Vice President
Jobb Description: We are currently seeking an Assistant Vice President position reporting to the Vice President of Tax, this position assumes ownership of a wide range of functions covering domestic and international tax compliance with specific emphasis for the following:
- Prepare book to tax reconciliation for various partnership entities and corporate entities.
- Participate in tracking partnership/partner tax bases.
- Compile tax data and assist in provision of reports and work papers to tax preparer in support of the federal, state and foreign income and franchise tax returns.
- Analyze financial statements/trial balance and perform security/debt investment analysis to determine the proper tax treatment and tax adjustments.
- Research tax treatment of complex financial instruments and corporate actions of Funds.
- Engage in US reporting of foreign investments and reporting of US investments held by non-US citizens and foreign partners.
- Perform interim year partnership projections and allocations to assist the Fund’s investors and the Firm’s partners with making quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Assist in performing quarterly and annual FAS 109 calculation in connection with Fund reporting requirements.
- Prepare and update ASC740 memo for financial statement reporting purposes.
- Prepare quarterly estimated income tax payments.
- Collaborate with outside tax preparer / fund administrator for tax reporting purposes
- Review tax information and workpaper compiled by outside tax preparer / fund administrator
- Assist with responding to tax authority requests and examinations.
- Assist with responding to investor requests.
- Assist in modeling after-tax returns for various investor types
- Involvement in various special projects.
We are looking for a self-motivated, diligent and hard-working team player who can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment. Organizational skills are required to document all work and generate & maintain proper tax files. The ideal candidate:
- Must have either hedge fund and or private equity experience (7-10 years) tax experience from reputable CPA firm or relevant industry).
- Must have understanding of private equity and/or hedge fund structures (master-feeder, mini-master, and fund-of-funds).
- Must have knowledge of private fund tax accounting concepts including partnership tax accounting, tax allocations, management fees and incentive fees. Experience with financial services taxation, including PFICs.
- Must produce timely and accurate records, while maintaining meticulous work paper documentation. Attention to detail is critical.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to perform under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Exposure to taxation of debt instruments is a plus.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build rapport with internal and external counterparties.
- Strong Excel skills.
- CPA preferred.