Conduct loss control surveys on new and renewal business and provide loss control services to complex, large sized accounts, evaluating adequacy of hazard controls present and suggesting improvements where needed, and solicit new business form agents tosupportachievement of regional and business objectives.
Provide risk analysis and consultative services for complex, large accounts within assigned specialty area
- Utilize expertise to evaluate complex risk operations, exposures, and controls
- Reduce loss ratio for more complex moderate to larger continuing servicing accounts
- Create and manage learning systems, risk assessment tool software, project management software as part of the delivery of services to insureds and internal customers.
- Develop web-based training courses with a focus on the fundamentals of healthcare risk management.
- Participate in underwriting review of new and renewal business for all medical malpractice and managed care products
- Conduct pre-bind calls with prospective insureds to assess risk management strength/weakness.
- Expert resource for underwriters for assessing emerging areas of risk in healthcare.
- Expert resource for claim department
- Effectively present recommendations to reduce risk exposures to loss resulting in profitable accounts
- Identify and provide information on unacceptable/unsatisfactory risks for underwriting determination of next action/s
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders that may include underwriters, agents, and policyholders
- Assist in growing book of business by promoting loss control service capability
- Review, analyze, communicate and resolve service concerns and issues from agents to appropriate management
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value “can do” people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Adopt QBE values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal interactions; manage own career development by soliciting feedback and valuing other perspectives
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- RN or other clinical designation
- Business, engineering, occupational health, safety or insurance or related field
- 7 years clinical risk manager experience, public speaking, published articles.
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- Experience presenting technical training topics to large audiences
- Experience conducting field training sessions
- 7 years of multi-line commercial loss control experience
- Continuing education and progress towards one or more of the following certifications: Certified Professional in Health Care Risk Management (CPHRM), Fellow of the American Society for Health Care Risk Management (FASHRM)
- Advanced working knowledge of technical aspects of commercial
underwriting such as policies an endorsements, risk/hazard identification
methods and risk rating plans
- Advanced working knowledge of industryprocesses, controls, and
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business of insurance and the
independent insurance business environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and application ofergonomics, crime
prevention, DOT, NFPA, OSHA, MSHA, CPSC, and ACGIH standards
- Frequent (approximately 10+ trips annually)
- Work is generally performed in both an office environment and remote
external environments that may present exposure to adverse environmental
conditions dependent on customer location.
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer.
- Must be able to walk on uneven ground, climb, bend, stoop, use a step, crawl and/or
- Incumbent may be exposed to environments that present hazardous
weather, chemicals and/or animals.
- Incumbent must be able to lift up to 25 pounds