Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Growth Strategy Lead will work across United Healthcare lines of business and with the Optum business segments.
At OptumInsight, we are improving performance with analytics, technology and expertise. We provide insightful research and consulting that drives action for ~250M lives of clinical and claims data leveraged for research and innovation, 2,000+ research and consulting professionals with experience across health care, and serve 4,900+ member organizations. We deliver analytics and technology that puts market leading insights and innovation into workflows for 20 of the top 25 U.S. health plans who leverage Optum analytics and invest ~$3.6B annually on technology development and innovation. Finally, we perform services that drive best practices and optimize financial performance for ~$70B in billings managed for customers by Optum360, process 2.9B+ claims per year, 99.5%+ accuracy, and ~$14B in annual health plan and employer savings through Optum payment integrity solutions.
We are looking for a Growth Strategy Lead who will support our Payer UHC team with a set of skills and experience in managing stakeholders as well as identifying market opportunities that help us meet our growing organizational needs and innovation roadmap for United Healthcare Medicare and Retirement, Employer and Individual ACA, and Medicaid Community and State member populations while leveraging our current functional product line capabilities as a foundation. OptumInsight offers opportunities to explore different areas of healthcare technology and services. OptumInsight has plans to expand rapidly, so this Growth Strategy Lead role will be part of an instrumental team in laying the foundation to enable scalable growth for 2021 and beyond.
As a Growth Strategy Lead, you will identify opportunities for developing solutions within your assigned line of business and work with various stakeholders across: product management, finance, and the general managers of the Payer team to meet and exceed your assigned growth objectives. Opportunity Benefits:
Gain an understanding of our OptumInsight Payer Partner delivery business model and the risk and quality, payment integrity, analytics, and advisory services support verticals that comprise OptumInsight Payer. Work closely with senior leadership on translating their business needs into either new innovation opportunities for growth or embracing existing products and solutions to support expansion into new markets. You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges. Job Function:
General Job Profile:
- Identifies and develops potential business opportunities and new targeted customers or groups and has primary responsibility for closing sales.
- Establishes and cultivates strategic business relationships with key sales and market influencers, potential new customers, and related community institutions
- Works closely with sales and marketing groups to translate business development strategies into specific initiatives, additional market research projects, and selling activities
- Management positions in this function will work closely with finance and other functions on potential acquisitions and alliances to size opportunities and develop business cases with a focus on ROI
Job Scope and Guidelines:
- Manages and is accountable for professional employees and/or supervisors. Impact of work will be at the Payer Level
- Sets team direction, resolves problems and provides guidance to members of own team
- Works cross-functionally within the team to support opportunity development outside the specific area of responsibility as needed
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Leads forecasting and planning activities for the specific area of responsibility. Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact multiple groups of employees and/or customers (internal or external)
- Consultative sales and business development. Closing large enterprise deals and exceeding growth targets
- Adept use of SalesForce as a pipeline management tool
- Create compelling executive presentations
- Understand key principles of strategic selling and accustomed to developing close plans
- Demonstrate ability to message, position, and present information to maximum customer impact and influence
- Work within a matrix environment to navigate and drive results
- Interact with Product management, pricing, legal, and solution to deliver an optimal product or service to meet the customer's business goals and objectives
- Identify and communicate the business priorities on behalf of UHC and Optum assigned segment(s) to drive Payer revenue and IOI
- Payer domain expert through a deep understanding of users, market and technology
- Work closely with internal and external cross-functional stakeholders to derive insights about customer pain points and needs
- Construct an evidence-based, data-driven argument in support of a product decision and tradeoffs made
- Assist in the development of cost/benefit analysis
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of work experience in the healthcare industry
- Excellent program management skills
- Listening, negotiation / influence, and collaboration skills
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Graduate Degree - Advanced degree
- Background with OptumHealth, OptumCare, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, or Advisory Services or some combination there of
- Understands provider network management and strategy
- Existing knowledge of Risk and Quality and Payment Integrity
- Experience navigating complex problems and crafting unique and scalable solutions
- Experience working in a decentralized workplace environment, and in supporting remote teams
- Experience making ROI and metrics-based decisions
- Experience building and managing multiple internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Ability to operate with minimal direction, self-imposed accountability and discipline
- Ability to run multiple projects independently, tackle obstacles and be proactive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Listening, negotiation / influence, and collaboration skills
- Success in role will be defined by a strong moral compass and commitment to fulfilling the Promise of Better Together by:
- Putting partner needs first - The voice of the customer leads the decision making and prioritization process
- ntellectual Curiosity - Not just helping or supporting, but instead owning an ask or need.
- Striving to earn the right to be a strategic and trusted partner; not just another vendor.
- Celebrating wins, big and small
- Serving team members and always having each other's back
- Being obsessed with excellence and the art of the possible
- Additional key personal characteristics that will make this candidate successful are being mission-driven, degree of emotional intelligence, autonomy, goal-oriented, and transparency Careers with Optum
. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Health care, Program Management, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Minnesota, Minnetonka, MN