The Senior Vice President, Finance is a key business partner with leadership within a strategic business unit (SBU) who collaborates with the SBU President to achieve their commercial, operational and financial goals. Ensures, along with SBU leadership, that the SBU plans align with strategic objectives and annual operating goals are achieved. Works with leadership to identify commercial, operational and financial initiatives, tracks the progress of such initiatives, highlights variances, and proposes corrective actions for potential shortfall. Leads a staff of financial professionals who, together with corporate staff, are responsible for their segment's annual budget, financial forecasts and financial analysis including: variance analysis, return on investment analysis for capital expenditure and other projects, trend analysis, tracking of key performance indicators and initiatives, and other ad hoc analysis. Plays an integral role in providing input on all commercial and operational activities, including customer Request for Proposal (RFP)/Request for Information (RFI) responses and participates in the evaluation and analysis of these proposals, contracts and new opportunities. Works seamlessly with the CFO and CEO to develop long-term business strategy complete and related financial projections including mergers and acquisitions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Directs a group of finance directors and professionals who work closely with their respective leadership teams providing insight to the financial results, identifying significant trends, tracking of commercial, operational and financial initiatives and recommending actions to improve safety, quality, efficiency and profitability objectives.
2. Develops future leaders and provides leadership that drives engagement and involvement from all functions.
3. Works closely with the SBU's leadership to help enable them to achieve their commercial, operational and financial goals.
4. Proactively seeks opportunities to improve profitability through analysis and influencing leaders to initiate required actions.
5. Works closely with business leaders providing input to customer RFP/RFI responses and quantifies financial impact of significant changes to major customer contracts.
6. Participates in customer meetings as leadership's financial representative.
7. Directs preparation of financial presentations on behalf of SBU leaders including monthly reviews with executive leadership, board presentations and customer presentations using corporate sanctioned templates when applicable.
8. Works closely with the Accounting team to ensure aspects of the financial close process are orderly, and contributes toward the accuracy of the financial results as reported in the company financial statements.
9. Under the guidance of Global FP&A, leads the SBU's financial planning efforts, including the annual budget and financial forecasts.
10. Works closely with the CFO and executive SBU leadership in connection with the long-term financial plan.
11. Collaborates on financial analysis using company-standard financial models for capital expenditure requests for the SBU. Reviews and approves these financial analyses prior to submission to Treasury.
12. Participates and engages in the analysis of current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of goods sold, expenses, and working capital.
13. Collaborates in the efforts to enhance the content and design of existing financial and operational dashboards, along with the development of new dashboards.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field, required
- Master's Degree and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) highly preferred
- Fifteen years or more of related experience
- Ten or more years in a position of similar scope and impact required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have proven corporate financial analysis skills including a knowledge of financialbusiness plans and processes
- Ability to influence senior leadership and have the ability to push back when necessary
- Proven ability to assess needs, identify issues, recommend alternatives and implement change
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and implement complex financial projects
- Strong ability and experience managing and performing multiple concurrent tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - able to communicate financial concepts to non-financial audiences
- Demonstrated understanding of financialprocesses and systems; familiarity with mainframe, client server and web-based computer systems
- Ability to plan and coordinate completion of tasks in a multi-deadline environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team leader
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others - providing coaching and mentoring