The Tax Director will drive taxation compliance and strategy of a conglomerate of domestic and foreign subsidiaries comprising an approximate $2 billion regional holding company structure. S/he should have a strong mix of compliance, provision and strategic & tactical structuring & planning for a dynamically growing and complex organization. S/he will oversee the three Tax Manager positions in the areas of Corporate Tax/Provision, Transfer Pricing and Transactional Taxes. S/he will be responsible for directing the activities of the filing of the annual Group Tax Returns including associated activities. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for the Tax Provisions per FAS 109/FIN 48 and advise on taxes other than Corporate Tax.
1. Drive Group Taxation Strategy:
2. Annual Group Tax Returns:
3. Tax Provisions FAS 109/FIN 48:
- Estimated tax provision after deduction of c/f losses and other credits
- Deferred tax provisions based on change in DT assets/liabilities – short & long term
- Valuation adjustments to DT assets/liabilities
- Exposures on account of transfer pricing/R&D credit disallowances
- Incorporation of foreign filing positions and provision requirements
4. Transfer Pricing:
5. Transactional Taxes:
7. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
• Extraordinary oral and written communication skills with ability to interact professionally with diverse groups.
• Ability to partner effectively with external tax consultants & advisors
• Adaptable interpersonal skills to partner with Business Unit leaders/managers within Group Companies and secure cooperation
• Ability to lead, mentor and develop professionals within the tax organization
• Dedicated to deployment of process improvement to mitigate risk and add value.
• Proven experience with tax engine software implementation and maintenance – Onesource desirable
• Highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter with ability to engage in, prioritize, and perform multiple ongoing tasks.
• Financial acumen to identify tax strategies and incentives available to minimize company’s tax burden in accordance with applicable laws
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated understanding of complex tax concepts; must be flexible, adaptable, and resourceful.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
• Bachelor’s in Finance, Economics or Accounting
• CPA/Tax Attorney or equivalent – Highly Preferred
• Seasoned Tax Professional with a minimum of 15 years of experience in corporate taxation of a multi-national company (preferably a mixture of Big 4 and corporate experience)
• 7 years of Managerial experience; leading, mentoring and developing others
• Microsoft Office Suite essential (primarily Excel)