Are you a talented Transportation Professional ready to step up and lead client, carrier & industry peer group relationships?
Are you currently providing supply chain services for international & domestic air/ocean clients, yet know that if it were your business you’d do things differently?
Do you have a strong yearning to put your stamp on and create a best in class supply chain with strong autonomy and ownership?
We’re currently hiring for a Group Sourcing Manager to be based at one of our state of the art Transportation Management Centers located in Fort Worth, TX or Novi, MI.
As our Group Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of Transportation Sourcing Manager’s along with developing/refining the Ocean/Air procurement strategy for Ryder’s portfolio of Fortune 500 clients. As you build your strategy, you will work hand-in-hand with strong mentors, talented local operations teams, and supply chain engineers to design, implement, and maintain best in class transportation solutions. You willdirectly engage with supply chain leaders at your diverse customer base and within many of the World’s leading transportation service providers. As such, you will develop and maintain a tremendous network ofservice providers and be responsible to foster the relationship while engaging them on the best opportunities for our mutual success.
Our most successful Group Sourcing Managers consistently exhibit tremendous energy, strategic thinking and theability to convey why we’ve delivered the highest value solution to our clients. If this sounds like you – we’d love to sit down with you and figure out what comes next! Please apply using the button & you’ll hear from us soon!
- Bachelor's degree in business, logistics or related field of study
- Seven (7) years or more of supply chain or transportation experience in roles of with an emphasis on carrier relationship management
- Experience with conducting presentations and supervising others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong ability to work with others (customer, carriers and Ryder)
- Ability to:
- Handle and analyze large data files and respond with the customer in mind
- Develop procurement strategy to support client savings goals and business requirements
- Knowledge of:
- Logistics with ability to integrate supply chain components
- Transportation management capabilities
- Deliver client presentations and interaction
- Interact with internal business and support services teams
- Support TM sales and new business initiatives
- Negotiate price and service with carriers
- Execute RFP analysis and carrier selection
- Conduct market research
- Manage strategy and RFP process
- Assist legal department in carrier contract amendments and litigation issues
- Perform other duties as assigned