Supervises one or more of the Sales Departments within the store to include merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, staff selection and development and customer service activities.
1) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
2) Meet or exceed all financial plans as set by the Company
3) Execute all Sales plans as directed by the Company
4) Opens and Closes the Store
5) Has “Manager on Duty” responsibilities
6) Maintain planograms as set by the Corporate Office
7) Staff the Departments with “service” oriented associates; participates in interviewing and selection, coordinates training, prepares / approves performance appraisals, recommends merit / promotional increases, prepares weekly work schedules, coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment
8) Resolves customer and associate issues
9) Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing, hiring & training, planning, assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
10) Provide a legendary experience for every customer, every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by:
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 3-5 years in Retail Management, with responsibility for one or more Sales Departments.
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of other financial, legal and technical information.
Ability to read and analyze certain reports. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public. Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.