The ideal candidate will have 10 years of sales experience, with a Travel and Tourism related background preferred. Knowledge of European Group Tours, river cruising and adventure travel to the Mature Traveler market in the United States, is a plus; most importantly the ideal candidate will be well-organized, personable with a pleasant phone manner, upbeat, driven to succeed and able to work as part of a team. Hitting the numbers and exceeding goals is part of your DNA. We are looking for people with strong Sales skills who know how to close business. Candidate will be working with some established clients while also prospecting for new clients from a wealth of resources we have. Work is done mainly via phone and online in our Sales Department located in Boston. Minimal travelrequired.
Vantage Deluxe World Travel is the leader in adventure travel for thirty-five years. Since 1983, Vantage Deluxe World Travel develops and delivers memorable travel journeys on seven continents whether on land, riverboats or small ships.
Vantage values motivation, commitment, initiative, and a sense of humor. We’re looking for team players who thrive in a diverse and dynamic work environment. If you think you fit the bill, we invite you to apply online today.
If you are driven by working in a dynamic environment where you’ll discover the value of impactful contributions in an industry that’s easy to fall in love with – the travel industry…Vantage may just be your next home to learn, contribute, work hard and have a little fun. As we evolve technologically and proactively offer differentiated travelexperiences to our customers, we search for dynamic, progressive and focused professionals to join the Vantage team whether that’s in our headquarters in Boston or in one of our global offices.
- Prospect for new business in the Group, Incentive and Travel Agency markets.
- Create a pipeline of prospects to be closed with a high degree of certainty, either individually or for other Groups Account Managers.
- Sell Groups, Agencies and Incentive companies to meet sales goals and quota.
- Supply customer support and service to accounts as needed.
- Maintain and file all necessary paperwork.
BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
Selling Tour products to Travel agencies, Groups and Incentive Travel Companies
- Work in a fast-paced call center to initiate outbound calls to potential and existing group leaders
- Meet or exceed all sales goals, including deals closed, passenger count & other product goals
- Maintain a healthy Pipeline Ratio of potential deals
- Maintain a minimum of 40 business conversations each day
- Active listening to Group Leaders and prospective group leaders
- Help Group Leaders promote their respective groups
- Effectively communicate and showcase group benefits to existing and potential group leaders, to increase the number of established groups
- Produces consistent customer growth through effective account management
- Attend all weekly Group Team meetings
- Maintains all attendance and adherence standards.
- Maintains accurate daily record of sales in sales tracker
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current product offerings