As a Group Technical Product Manager at Venafi, you’ll be part of an extremely motivated, dedicated, and experienced team that’s responsible for managing some of the most important assets of Global 2000 companies. The Group TPM is a hybrid, player-coach role. You are part individual contributor, and part first level people manager - responsible for leading and managing a group of individual technical product managers from product concept to launch. You are primarily responsible for two things:
- Ensure you build and develop a capable team of rockstar product managers.
- Implement the Product Vision and Strategy, and “connect the dots” between the product work of tightly coupled product teams.
You’ll contribute directly and significantly to our products, and will have highly capable, experienced teams to support you with direct access to our customers. Even though you will delegate much of the work, you own execution of the overall product strategy and success – your hands will remain dirty!
We’re looking for inherently curious, intelligent, out-of-the-box thinkers. The Group TPM reports to the Director for Product Management and works with a very close-knit team of engineering, quality assurance, user assistance and customer-facing contributors to deliver world-class products. You’ll be supported in dreaming big.
Key Result Areas:
- Candidate must have a strong passion for making significant improvements, demonstrated willingness to lead technical and cultural change
- Able to combine aggressive initiative with professional discipline and demeanor to influence others in accomplishing difficult tasks
- Participate in all aspects of the product development cycle
- Work closely with engineering and quality assurance to communicate customer needs, adjust requirements based on technical feedback, prioritize requirements, and manage changing priorities
- Work well in team environment, with sound negotiation, problem solving and people skills
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with customer facing staff as a key resource to address critical pre- and post-sales customer product issues and ultimately help drive product sales engagements to closure
- Contribute directly to both the conceptual thinking behind and the physical creation of detailed, high-quality products
- Demonstrated experience in coaching others to effectively utilize new skills
- Motivate and supervise product team to meet departmental goals
- Hire and train new candidates for product team
- BS/BA/BFA degree (or equivalent) in related fields
- At least three years of managerial experience in the software industry
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience with, PKI, SSH, keys/certificates and how they are used to address business requirements
- Strong general technical competency required (we’re working with encryption here)
- Self-starting, hard-working and inquisitive personality; must thrive in flatland
- Outstanding communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent project management, leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Must work well with others of all personality types in an intense environment