Auto req ID: 5666BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
The primary responsibility of the Group Product Manager (GPM) Fares, Shopping & Merchandising is to develop the business of this product line for airlines by expanding the product line, supporting the acquisition and implementation of new clients and increasing the revenue generated by clients.
The GPM will be responsible for developing the roadmap (including 360 Fares, ePricing, branded fares & ancillaries…) and bring new innovative features to the market that will enhance the product positioning and generate incremental revenues.
The GPM will manage one product manager / consultant to start with and build a team over time as the business grows.
Using strong leadership and influencing skills, the GPM will work closely with key internal stakeholders (GDS Product team, ACT sales, ACT Product Strategy & Planning, relevant teams such as delivery, marketing, finance…), third party developers and customers to drive the delivery and commercial performance of the product.
The GPM will develop the product plan that supports the market requirement, sizes the opportunity, articulates the value proposition, and sets out the commercial model and pricing strategy.
- Perform benchmarking against competing solutions on the market.
- Conduct required market research and visit customers and prospects to identify market trends
- Participate to leading industry conferences
Product strategy and management
- Monitor SWOT for the product line, identify gaps to close and outline innovation/expansion opportunities
- Propose investment opportunities in the product line and produce associated business cases supported by relevant market evidence. Support proposals for investment committees as required
- Define the product strategy roadmap for the product line
- Actively contribute to the ACT Portfolio strategy and budgeting exercise
- Monitor product sales, usage, financial contribution and profitability (if possible P&L). Define appropriate action plan to improve revenues and contribution
- Deliver a quarterly product update and dashboard
Product definition and evolution
- Define concept for new products/ features and validate them in the market
- Define new product / features specifications, including main requirements (functionalities, performance) and use cases. Document business requirements and produce other required documentation
- Define and updateproduct roadmap with launch of new functionalities
- Represent Travelport at relevant industry conferences and forums and interact with regulatory bodies and press where appropriate
Monitor product delivery
- Brief GSD/3rd party provider on product requirements, support choice of technology and participate in review of functional/technical
- Support/manage the delivery program and participate with regular meetings
- Perform product acceptance test and validate the delivery of the product
- Articulate a differentiating value proposition
- Provide content to produce compelling sales & marketing materials (presentation, demos, pages on websites, brochures, cases studies…) and validate all produced materials
- Support commercial model and product pricing – in collaboration with the responsible of Product Strategy & Planning
- Define and execute go-to-market strategy, launch plan
- Coordinate creation of training materials – in collaboration with training team - and provide training to sales managers and wider audience
Pre-sales and post-sales
- Attend key meetings with prospects – to perform product demonstrations, “sell” the value proposition to airline experts and discuss requirements in collaboration with Solution Engineers
- Define customer requirements (high level and details) and size gaps for each prospect
- Define/validate the implementation plan for each customer and support transition to the implementation team
- Regularly monitor client satisfaction and meet with them to discuss roadmap
Knowledge, Experience, Skills, Education/Training:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in travele-commercepreferred
- Expertise in airlines faring, merchandizing, search engine and shopping processes a plus
- Minimum knowledge of airline mobile solutions
- Minimum 7 years’ experience overall
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of commercial product management
- Demonstrable success in defining and launching innovative products
- Demonstrable track record of analyzing market requirements and defining product requirements
- Proven experience in managing complex projects on a global scale
- Previous experience in marketing and/or sales experience a plus
- Experience in a software product management role in a global organization preferred but not essential
- Ability to work as a team and in an agile mode with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to think out of the box and innovate. Genuine interest in the new digital and mobile word. Ability to envision the future of customer experience
- Ability to think “like a customer” and act in the best interest of the customer.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Analytical skills. Ability to create business cases and pricing models
- Outstanding communications skills for internal and external audiences at all levels
- Proven project management skills and ability to manage several projects in parallel
- Proven ability to influence and manage cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellent relationship building skills with a good understanding of different cultures and how to work with them to deliver results
- Graduate Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred) or equivalently qualified by experience
- Formal training/qualification on new product commercialization a plus