Title: Group Product Manager, Director – Cyber Risk, Analytics, and Insights
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Exostar is seeking a multi-talented self-starter to lead Product Management and Product Marketing for its Cyber Risk Management, Analytics, and Business Insight portfolio of products developed for the Aerospace and Defense, Life Sciences, and Healthcare markets. The Group Product Manager, Director (GPM, Director) will report to the VP ofProduct Management and will be responsible for creating and leading the execution of a long term product strategy for the Cyber Risk, Analytics, and BI components of Exostar’s broader market offerings. He/she will be accountable for thesuccessful performance of the product portfolio including product vision, product roadmap, product development, and delivery of solutions to customers which meet or exceed their expectations.
This position will also be responsible for the ongoing development of the Product Management Group. He/she will manage the Product Managers and Business Analysts within his/her group, and will act as the product subject matter expert within the Exostar organization. The GPM Director will play a key leadership role to help the company grow and achieve its business objectives. She/he must be motivated, take initiative, be a team player, and be able to scale in a fast-growing, rapidly changing environment. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background withexperience in Cyber Security and Risk Management, strong business acumen, outstanding communication skills, and theability to collaborate cross functionally and with partners. He/she will be recognized as a product, technology, and business leader.
- Create a product vision, technology strategy, and roadmap for Exostar’s Cyber Risk Management, Analytics, and Business Insight products
- Own and drive a product priorities on both operational and strategic levels; develop and manage plans for enhancements as well as new products and services to leverage related market opportunities
- Understand and own product strategy, developing business requirements and functional specs; clearly and effectively communicate product strategy, functionality, and requirements to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop product positioning strategies, value propositions, marketing content, and appropriate pricing strategies
- Manage multiple product owners/managers; provide leadership and direction to the team including recruiting, hiring, goal setting, resource allocation, utilization, performance management, professional development, coaching, inspiring, career pathing, succession planning and organization effectiveness
- Work with customers and potential customers to gather feedback on how to improve and extend our offerings; understand customer use cases and align with product marketing strategies
- Strong understanding of user experience and the ability to drive product usability
- Research competitive landscape, proactively gather market information and competitive intelligence, and adjust product roadmaps to address the relevant markets
- Measure product line success by customer acquisition, cost structure, profitability
- Manage appropriate customer user and advisory groups
- Work closely with customer support team to monitor and resolve customer escalations along with Engineering leadership
- Conduct sales training and support the development of sales enablement tools, including training materials, battle cards, and value messaging guides
- Support demand generation activities as needed including customer meetings, demonstrations, RFP responses, and business case development
- Ensure Exostar's products and services are delivered to market resulting in the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Manage key vendor relationships as needed to ensure appropriate coordination of future releases of technology, go-to-market efforts, and on-going delivery to customers.
- Analyze new technologies and maintain close working relationships with industry experts and leading technology providers
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Travel: Yes up to 33%
- 5+ years of technical software Product Management experience, with at least 2 years of experience managing a team of 2 or more Product or Technical professionals
- Identity and Access Management product experience
- Cyber security and risk management domain experience
- Experience with agile methodologies and an understanding of product management's role in various development methodologies.
- Ability to adapt and work in a progressive, dynamic, changing environment
- Outstanding verbal and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills - both creating and giving
- Ability to evaluate new product ideas and to independently create and present business cases
- Passion for working on a variety of product issues and customer/user related challenges.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a team player and/or work independently required
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive required
- Strong people and project management skills
- 7+ years of Product Management experience, with at least 3 years of Product Management experience with an Identity and Access Management or cyber security company
- Analytics, business intelligence, and big data domain experience.
- Marketing experience.
- Aerospace and Defense, Life Sciences or Healthcare domain experience desirable
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred
Exostar is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Exostar is committed in providing equal employment opportunity for all person in all facets of employment includingrecruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.