This position will manage overall profitability of a complex pharmaceutical product line (large dollar volume, major product development). Responsible for the day to day marketing activities and the development, implementation and control of launch programs to maintain and increase market share and profits. The Group Product Director impacts the organization by providing strategic direction for the Injectable Drug product lines and making decisions that directly impact operating profit, customer satisfaction levels and sales force focus and direction.
Job Function - General:
- Oversees the development of new products, from the idea to bringing it to market.
- Manages and develops multiple direct reports.
- Facilitates communication between various departments (such as R&D, engineering, marketing, production, and/or sales) to establish and evaluate product design concepts.
- Interfaces with clients or prospects to identify needs and determine solutions and provides feedback to manufacturing or sales.
- Designs and implements Injectable Drug product marketing strategy to support B. Braun inpatient and outpatient strategies and increase B. Braun Medical US market share and revenue.
- Manages overall go-to-market strategy for Injectable Drug product lines, including overall commercial planning, key marketing initiatives and financial results for the product line.
- Develops product line pricing strategy.
- Understands customer and market dynamics in order to evaluate new products, product improvements and line extensions to address unmet needs.
- Formulate and understand GPO contracting strategies and market access opportunities.
- Manages promotional activities related to product group.
- Monitors product incident reports and helps direct corrective actions if needed.
- Coordinates and assists with in-house sales training programs related to product group.
- Participate in USA based Product Line Management Team and where needed with our Global Network Team (GNT) to represent BBMUS market requirements.
- Maintains an active field travel schedule to regularly meet with customers, sales, personnel, vendors, inventors, and consultants.
- Develop and implement a five-year plan to support Injectable Drug Strategy.
- Support Injectable Drug product lines from a clinical standpoint and work with Medical Affairs to manage technical studies as needed.
- Act as key interface with sales and sales management to plan execution of product tactics and marketing strategies.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams as the product owner to reach product and launch objectives.
- Identifies and evaluates new vendors or suppliers as needed.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
General: It shall be the duty of every employee while at work to take reasonable care for safety and health of himself/herself and other persons.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires breadth of professional field and industry knowledge. Ability to integrate critical information and champion advanced strategies/concepts through the organization. Drives development of advanced technologies, principles and processes.
- Manages activities of a functional area which has at least 2 departments or major functions through managers and/or experienced employees. Responsible for cost, method, and employee results.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Interacts with internal and/or external clients and customers to negotiate and interpret information on projects and unit operations. May consult with senior management.
- Please refer to the Corporate Guidelines or BBMUS Guidelines or job specific authorities where applicable. This list is however not exhaustive and may be amended by the Management from time to time.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 10-12 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Occasional business travel required, Valid driver's license and passport, Secrecy and invention agreement and non-compete agreement.