Responsible for the daily management of Great Western Bank with reporting responsibility for a specific group of locations. Responsible for strong business development effort to gain market share in the assigned trade areas. Responsible for development and maintenance of loan portfolio, and other banking products, with the goal of providing maximum profitability with minimum risk.
• Manage and direct the managers within assigned group to strive to achieve financial and risk goals, which includes meeting loan, deposit and income growth expectations.
• Manage and oversee personnel and operations necessary to effectively market, deliver and support broad-base community bank services.
• Ensure appropriate risk management and credit quality is meeting expectations with the assigned group.
• Provide a detailed performance report to senior management and the Board of Directors on a monthly basis. Provide effective risk management in lending and operational aspects for Great Western Bank. Be familiar with and adhere to all bank policies in a baseline expectation.
• Responsible for oversight of Great Western Bank personnel in the designated group area in meeting all applicable bank policies and procedures along with compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Actively manage talent to develop staff, recruit candidates and maintain appropriate staffing levels.
• Respond to and resolve customer service requests according to Great Western policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner at all times.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting or related area required.
• 10 years of banking or financial services experience preferred.
• Prior experience in leadership, managing, coaching and mentoring people including branch or department management, customer service, and marketing.
• Knowledge of all bank products and services including mortgage, cash management, commercial and retail.
• Ability to build strong working relationships within the organization and develop professional relationships with customers and business associations.
• Good understanding of bank and office operations with a strong aptitude in computer applications.
• Effectively utilize and manage time to accomplish goals and objectives on a consistent basis.
• Ability to use effective communication skills both verbally and in writing. Using appropriate form and style to express ideas in a clear, thorough, and concise manner. Ability to actively listen to others.
• Actively participate in community organizations and activities to project and sustain a favorable bank image in the community.
• Register and obtain a unique identifier number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System as a Mortgage Loan Originator as well as keep the license in force by submitting updates when personal information changes and to complete the annual renewal of the license.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.