Group Operations Manager
5 - 7 years experience •
An exciting new opportunity has become available for a visionary Group Operations Manager to work closely with the HDI and ICMI businesses within UBM’s Technology Group to refine our processes and evolve the way we serve our customers. We’re looking for an exceptional leader with a strong contact center background who can manage and execute all operational aspects of our training and services businesses, including customer care and lead a team of customer care professionals to success.
UBM company summary
UBM organizes over 300 market-leading B2B events every year. At our events we create the environments which allow business to flourish. Our knowledge of the communities we serve, our ability to attract the right people and our skill at curating the physical space and creating memorable experiences bring thousands of like-minded people together. It is this shared experience and the opportunities to make human connections which allow businesses to grow.
Our events serve a tremendous variety of different industry sectors from furniture to fashion to pharma. In total we serve over 50 different communities.
There are over 3,750 people working at UBM. We operate in more than 20 countries. This global footprint allows us to help businesses to trade both domestically and internationally.
The Group Operations Manager is responsible for the management and execution of all operational aspects of our training and services businesses – including customer care. Our training and services businesses scope across public training, virtual live training, online training, client site training, consulting engagements, certification (both professional and support and contact center) as well as an online customer survey tool. The position also manages the customer care function for the business which handles all inbound customer inquiries (phone/email/chat) and assists with the sales support and billing and the administration of training products. The Group Operations Manager plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth delivery of our training and consulting products/services and contributes to high customer satisfaction and loyalty
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Training operations (25%)
- Audit processes across each training delivery channel. Identify improvements and put them in to action. Understand customer journey and identify ways we can deliver an optimal customer experiences. Track expenses accurately and report to manager on a regular basis. Assist with quality monitoring and assurance for delivery of services.
Customer Care operations (25%)
- Manage customer care team. Audit customer journey and automate more manual tasks. Monitor and report on inbound customer inquiries (phone/email/chat). Provide recommendations for how we can convert more contacts in to paying customers. Ensure that sales support and billing are executed in line with finance guidelines. Ensure link between training operations and customer care is more seamless and enabled by improving record keeping, data capture, and reporting.
Team management (20%)
- Manage team of 2 training administrators and 3 customer care associates. Track performance, guide priorities, mentor and motivate to enhance development, and drive career growth. You are encouraged to identify efficiencies in the way the team is structured.
Vendor/Contract Management (10%)
- Manage HDI and ICMI’s network of external trainers and consultant. Ensure an annual contractor agreement is secured for each consultant, track daily pay rates, share customer satisfaction rating with them and coach accordingly, develop relationships with this critical group, maintain the trainer/consultant dashboard, and translate their feedback and insights in to actionable change across our training and consulting operations.
Operations Reporting (10%)
- Track and report on customer activity across training/consulting businesses. Work with accounting to ensure appropriate invoicing for training products, and consistency of numbers between finance and training.
Customer satisfaction tracking and reporting (10%)
- Ensure customer feedback data is captured effectively and efficiently. Communicate summary reports to business associates (faculty). Create dashboard view of faculty and course performance. Track and report on testing activity and engagement.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant operations experience and BA/BS degree.
- Highly detail oriented, with problem solving and conflict management abilities
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Strong collaborator who is able to motivate a team and drive them towards meeting goals
- Disciplined manager who can audit and break down processes, identify an action plan for an improved state, and deliver on this future state within an efficient amount of time
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to navigate ambiguity in order to move initiatives forward
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with training/event based businesses a plus.
Travel requirements: Up to 10%