Position at VMLY&R
At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking — harnessing creativity, technology and culture — to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people’s lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
The Group Medical Director is a senior level scientific expert that will provide strategic direction to ensure that all program content is aligned with clients’ objectives. The person in this role will ensure that work delivered to the client is of the highest quality and consistently exceeds expectations while serving as scientific/medical lead on new business endeavors and collaborate with both MedEd and promotional teams to ensure the highest level of strategic and scientific/medical insights, thinking, and execution in a variety of therapeutic categories and on a variety of brands.
- Contribute to, and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of clients’ strategies and be able to discuss business issues in a sophisticated manner
- Actively contribute and drive collaboration and connections to elevate the level of thinking and deliverables across medical education and promotional accounts
- Direct supervisory responsibilities for medical/science staff
- Research and recommend new programs/tactics based upon knowledge of product marketing strategy and life cycle–conceive, develop, and drive communication strategies and tactics that align with clients’ brands and support the business objectives
- Drive development of scientific platforms that are strategically aligned with client/brand objectives and aspirations.
- Continually identify new opportunities and ways to improve and evolve the scientific platform offering to best meet the needs of clients
- Cultivate existing relationships with key opinion leaders and initiate new relationships to drive appropriate communication strategies and content
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong medical background (MD, PharmD, or PhD required)
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant agency experience is a must – preferably both promotion and medical education
- Demonstrated ability to lead medical team in a highly collaborative environment to develop and execute educational programs for clients
- Strong strategic, analytical skills and effective problem-solving skills. Must also be able to exercise positive judgment to assess situations, evaluate options and make decisions and draw conclusions
- Ability to interpret data, develop key insights and assess the impact of recommendations on client business objectives