Reporting to the Chief Risk and Strategy Officer, the Group Manager of Portfolio Management will be responsible for YMFUS' Portfolio Management Strategies and Retail Servicing Operations.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Group Manager of Portfolio Management to join our Finance team in Cypress, CA. Reporting to the Chief Risk and Strategy Officer, the Group Manager of Portfolio Management will be responsible for YMFUS' Portfolio Management Strategies and Retail Servicing Operations.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead development and implementation of Portfolio Management and Servicing Strategies for YMFUS
- Day to day management of YMFUS's portfolio servicing department that is responsible for Title administration, Repossession management, Re- marketing activities, loss mitigation, and all other aspects of portfolio servicing strategy (retention, recapture and loyalty, etc.) including developing department budget and managing the back-end operations within pre-set goals.
- Responsible for various service partner relationships - negotiating agreements, approving vendor invoice payments, etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor YMFUS' s servicing policies and procedures.
- Active oversight of the effectiveness of YMFUS's collections activities. Monitoring business results and vendor compliance.
- Manage performance and mitigate risk for external vendors supporting all backend servicing, collection and recovery activities.
- Organize and facilitate servicing vendor due diligence meetings and site visits.
- Recruiting, Retaining, Mentoring and Coaching of the operational staff
- including supervisors and line managers.
- Review vendor operations regularly to ensure quality of service, including accounting/reporting, and collections/repossessions effectiveness.
- Research new business opportunities within Financial Services to improve
- business results Work with YMFUS Technology and other departments to
- determine and implement vendor strategies.
- Support YMFUS’ wholesale finance business and help out with requests to enhance Yamaha’s International Finance operations.
- Assist Chief Risk & Strategy Officer in designing and testing various collection, servicing, retention, loyalty and loss mitigation strategies and implementing all Portfolio Servicing initiatives and oversight of the BSA AML program.
- Responsible for various strategic initiatives as assigned by CEO and Senior Management team. Conduct strategic review of business operations and recommend process improvement and optimization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics required; MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum 20 years' experience in financial services industry.
- 10+ years of operating and strategic leadership experience in powersports, credit card, auto finance, commercial auto, lending businesses.
- Strong record of success scaling operations and leading mission-critical business initiatives to drive profitable growth.
- Skilled at motivating and developing employees and building strong and lasting customer relationships.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet modeling, and strong skills with MS Word and PP. Advanced level with MS Access and Excel.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present data to Executive Committee level
- Strong interpersonal and planning skills, and ability to interact seamlessly with all levels of management (internal and external).
- Ability to adapt quickly and deliver work given a short timeline.
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Experience in managing both, Retail as well as Wholesale Finance businesses.
- Financial Services start up experience desirable.
Reports to: Chief Risk & Strategy Officer.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.