The Group Manager Domestic Tax Compliance is an integral part of the domestic compliance and reporting function. In this position, you will focus on federal and state tax compliance, planning, and reporting matters of the Company. The successful candidate will support the Director Tax Compliance in minimizing domestic income taxes, while maintaining compliance with all laws, through effective federal and state planning and compliance.
- Oversee all aspects of the federal and state income tax compliance process, ensuring that all activities occur in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual and quarterly worldwide tax provision including the SEC Form 10K and 10Q tax footnotes.
- Participate as a team member with the broader tax team to ensure proper reporting of: mergers & acquisitions, cross border transactions, equity transactions, investments, and a wide variety of other tactical and planning ideas.
- Review and analyze all domestic tax planning ideas and ensure that cost effective ideas are implemented and properly reported in the appropriate tax returns.
- Monitor and analyze tax regulatory and compliance developments and tax law changes and document the impact on the Company (Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), etc.).
- Oversee all automated tax products (CorpTax, internal data warehouse, etc.) to ensure data integrity and ease of use within the tax department.
- Develop, improve and maintain tax compliance and reporting processes and procedures.
- Assist the Controversies group in domestic audits to resolve tax issues.
- Work with the Director to train and develop staff to ensure the highest levels of technical expertise, productivity and employee job satisfaction.
Significant prior tax experience in a large corporation or CPA firm coupled with strong communication skills and project management experience will enable the Group Manager to be a successful member of the Domestic Tax Group.
- 12+ prior years of federal and state tax experience, including FAS109 BA/BS in accounting; MST or CPA is preferred.
- Strong foundation of tax technical, analytical and compliance skills and experience, including process and internal controls.
- Work experience which includes use and leverage of tax tools, applications and relevant financial systems as well as the demonstrated ability to identify and analyze complex tax accounting issues and the related implications on the Company.
- Hands-on experience with tax accounting systems such as Corporate Tax, One Source and/or advanced excel modeling experience.
- Ability to interact and team with professionals in various functional areas to resolve complex tax issues throughout the organization.
- Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution.
- Detail oriented, and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to embrace change and be flexible to changing business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.