Responsible for the development, management, and execution of channel marketing strategies along with fully integrated commercial marketing efforts in support of channel partners. Helps in the planning and execution of channel specific advertising, outreach and training as well as championing individual reseller advertising on behalf of Epson. Considered to be the liaison and point person for channel partner needs. Also acts as the day to day contact with our outside creative support partners who work directly with resellers.
Collaborates with/Key Customers include including: Marketing Communications, Re-seller partners, Distributor Partners, Commercial Sales Team, Product Marketing, Merchandising, and Sales Operations. Works to minimize channel conflict in all programs.
Commercial Channel Marketing
1. Works collaboratively as a Liaison with the Resellers, Sales Teams, Marketing Communications, Sales Operations and Product Management teams to develop effective marketing outreach for the Commercial channel including demand generation and other channel marketing initiatives to drive new customer acquisition.
2. Takes product strategies from Product Management teams and helps provides actionable tools to the field that are aligned with Epson goals.
3. Ensures proper channel-focused and brand appropriate sales collateral is available to promote new and existing products.
4. Responsible for advocating for the channel at product launch meetings (representing concerns/requirements of the channel), and developing the product launch plan for channel partners including partner specific content (e.g. flyers, promotions, contests).
5. Communicates Epson's strategic and tactical marketing directions and develops plans with Commercial partners and coordinates such efforts with sales team and marketing outreach partners.
6. Develops and executes programs that drive sales demand through Resellers, NSP's, and Distributors and ensures constant visibility of Epson in the Commercial channel. Meets with channel partners in conjunction with sales teams to communicate Epson's goals and to understand the most effective ways to work with channel partners.
7. Measures and communicates effectiveness of marketing programs and campaigns to continually improve resource allocation and efficiency.
8. Day to day management of selected outside channel marketing partners, including budgets, schedules, etc. Works with Commercial partners to explore demand generation/direct marketing activities to drive new customer acquisition.
9. Coordinates with internal Sales Enablement and Training teams to identify, create and drive usage of training and sales enablement tools.
10. Provides MarComm and product management with feedback from Sales Teams and partners on the programs that are the most successful and align with resellers and partner's needs. Produces weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual analysis of findings in clear, well documented format, and present findings informally and formally, internally and externally.
11. Provides market feedback to internal stakeholders as it pertains to competition, products, and specific account events.
12. Organizes and conducts semi-annual competitive reviews.
13. Represent Epson at trade shows and reseller events as needed.
1. Responsible for hiring, motivating, evaluating, developing group/department personnel.
2. Provides coaching and mentoring to team members.
3. Advises management and provides recommendations on personnel and problem issues ( that require escalation).
4. Builds strong relationships with peers and Senior Managers to best meet company goals and objectives.
5. Manages and leverages relationships with vendors for a specific product/service (best price, best product, etc).
6. Maintains professional relationships with peers in other corporations and outside organizations.
1. Operates within budgetary constraints, participates in the development of annual budget forecasts; participates in updating and reconciling operating and budget plans as required.
2. Develops and maintains written departmental standards and procedures.
3. Directly contributes to development of tactical and annual operating plans, defining goals and objectives for the group.
Required Experience and Education: