Role and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties maybe assigned.
• Defines assignments and workload for the department and sets priorities.
• Monitors cost, progress, quality of work and determines solutions to problems encountered.
• Answers questions escalated from team members.
• Makes recommendations regarding recruiting and training needed for the department.
• Evaluates Performance Work Statements to determine and implement system requirements.
• Responsible for the ordering, assembly, integration, and configuration of Training Management Systems in support of customer deliveries.
• Responsible for overseeing all hardware assembly and configuration.
• Responsible for overseeing all operating system, application installation and configuration to meet customer requirements.
• Provide direction, guidance, and training to Training System Deployment team.
• Responsible for the production efforts and flow of work throughout the Training System Deployment group.
• Interpret hardware system requirements and instructional system design data for the benefit of assigned personnel.
• Responsible for the liaison between Training System Deployment group and ISD to clarify discrepancies between syllabi, courseware, and TMS implementation plan.
• Must have a good knowledge of Information Systems and Instructional Design. Example; Network hardware and software.
• Sound understanding of military and commercial workmanship standards.
• Must be willing and able to assume work assignments away from the facility in order to perform site installations.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Access.
• Assist in developing procedures necessary to effectively and efficiently produce quality work/product.
• Assist in determining requirements for overtime/shift work based on team loading and scheduling.
• Directly supervise CAE and contractor personnel assigned to this group, must maintain production schedule by careful assignment of work and precise tracking of hardware and software purchases and deliveries.
• Ensure the availability of manpower necessary to efficiently complete the assigned tasks.
• Ability to perform work assignments with minimal supervision.
• Ability to create and maintain program schedules.
• Ability to create and maintain system design documentation.
• Makes decisions and recommendations on daily operations of the department.
SECURITYRESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Compliance with all company Information Systems security policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper classification and marking of all information and materials, in any form, produced by the incumbent. Shall be assigned specific responsibility for Information Security by immediate supervisor or department management. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. Incumbent shall execute company non-disclosure agreement prior to access to any controlled information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Incumbent must be eligible for DOD Personnel Security Clearance.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field.
• Demonstrated database design/configuration experience essential.
• Demonstrated potential to lead and coordinate a group of employees.
• 2-3 years’ experience in Training Management System configuration and deployment.
• 2-3 years’ experience in Instructional System Design.
• 6 – 10 years in a supervisory/leadership capacity position is required.