Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking an individual who thrives in a dynamic environment, with experience in Software or Systems Engineering. Our ideal candidate contributes to the growth and future potential of the PDS organization. He or she is resourceful, multi-talented and innovative, to help us enhance our organizational capabilities and efficiency.
You are the ideal candidate for this position if you have experience in Software or Systems Engineering and a passion for management. You value innovative ideas and proactively implement them. Health/safety and quality are also important values to you.
We are seeking a manager who is known for his or her interpersonal skills, maturity, and ability to influence others. Adept with technology and taking pride in a job well done, the candidate will be involved in improving operational processes by finding simple and practical solutions. Among other things, the candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supervise, coach and motivate a team of Integration and Systems specialists;
- Supervise, organize and oversee team activities;
- Plan labour needs on a daily basis
- Act as a change leader and as a coach to employees by encouraging positive attitudes;
- Foster an engaged work environment where training, communication and teamwork play a primary role;
- Participate in special projects and lead continuous improvement committees;
- Lead project execution through an Agile approach
- Oversee the team scrum meetings and propose continuous improvement initiatives
- Define assignments and workload for the department's team and establish priorities;
- Prepare the department's budget and review the content of proposals;
- Monitor work costs, status and quality and come up with appropriate solutions to problems;
- Develop standards and procedures to be used as guidelines in the future;
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations and standards;
- Set objectives and evaluate performance;
- Allocate the resources and funds required for proposed tasks and activities;
- University degree with 8 years' experience, or an equivalent combination of related training and experience;
- Proven ability to lead and coordinate a group of employees;
- Knowledge of the lifecycle around simulator updates from project kick-off to RFT;
- Bilingualism (French and English) required;
- The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- He or she must be able to communicate the status of projects during management governance.
- Organizational skills to keep track of a high volume of projects;
- Ability to communicate with various hierarchical levels in the business unit and with our clients;
- Flexibility and Responsiveness to adapt to a constantly changing environment with tight schedules
- Coaching skills;
- Ability to stimulate performance;
- Team player;
- Primary change officer.
We look for candidates who enjoy working in a dynamic work environment. They are focused on continuous improvement and are proven leaders who have excellent interpersonal skills. The chosen candidate will be working in an innovative Activity-Based workspace providing many different types of both collaborative and individual work areas. This is an open-space, environment without fixed assigned seating place or office.