PPD Laboratories offer the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our services are designed to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines, allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
*Note: This position is based in PPD's GMP Laboratory in Middleton, WI.
As a Group Leader (Cellular & Molecular Biology) in PPD's GMP Laboratory, your responsibilities will be to:
- Provide management and direction to laboratory staff and resources for project activities and needs, oversee daily operations to monitor quality and project timelines, and assist in preparation and implementation of company policies, quality systems and training programs.
- Ensure responsiveness to the customer and overall, client satisfaction.
- Plan and monitor the progress and quality of projects by utilizing the financial and quality management tools available at PPD.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification and previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 8+ years) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience
- Masters degree and previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 6+ years)
- PhD and previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 4+ years)
- 1+ year(s) of leadership responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to cultivate a collaborative work environment with a team
- Effective negotiating skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of QA metrics of program base; ability to write and recommend changes to PPD SOPs
- Ability to troubleshoot multiple systems/methodologies
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Understanding of basic financial terms and definitions as it applies to the business
Understanding of proposal and project scope as it relates to pricing, resource management and the impact on business
- Project and time management skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills.