Syneron Candela is a global company that develops and manufactures aesthetic products, services and systems with three primary Global Business Units focused on hair removal, body and facial/women’s products that are sold primarily to plastic surgeons, dermatologists and spas. Syneron Candela employs approximately 800 employees with major R&D and manufacturing facilities located in the United States and Israel. APAX, a private equity company, took the company private in July 2017
Essential Job Functions
- Executes daily production schedules.
- Assures compliance with OSHA, ISO, FDA and GMP regulations.
- Monitoring the operations of the assigned area and making recommendations as appropriate.
- Working with Manufacturing engineer, engineering and or Production supervisor to resolve any design or documentation problems.
- Developing, evaluating, improving and documenting manufacturing processes for
repeatability that meet our quality, cost, cycle-time and safety needs.
- Assures documentation is complete and accurate.
- Responsible for work order management, overseeing the opening and timely closing of work orders along with assuring material transaction accuracy with minimal variances.
- Generate reports and charts using Excel and MS Word.
- Generate and analyze all FPY data, product returns and customer complaints. Develop and manage process improvement projects based on fundamental data collection and pareto analysis.
- Assures employees are trained and proficient in the Candela MRP and CQMS systems.
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with all manufacturing personnel to assure that departmental and business goals are met.
- Training and growth of the assigned staff.
- Provides input and/or writes employee reviews.
- Performs daily cycle count for all POU inventorylocations and resolves any variances.
- Where applicable, will adhere to all Lean Manufacturing and Kanban Pull processes.
- Insures smooth release to pilot of new products.
- Responsible for initial department training and performing 90day assessments on employees.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in manufacturing operations, preferably in an FDA / ISO environment.
- Experience in the laser or high technology industry preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills along with excellent oral and written communication skills along with the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of employees.
- Strong background in manufacturing programs, i.e., Total Quality Management
(TQM), Continuous Process Improvement, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design for Manufacturability (DFM) Kanban principles, and Root Cause and Countermeasure (RCCM)
- Knowledgeable with FDA, ISO and GMP regulations.
- IPC Certification (610 and/or 620) a plus.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to drive change, mentor and motivate
- The ability to work independently as well as lead and motivate a diverse workforce
- Working knowledge of sophisticated MRP operating systems is a plus
- Computer skills using word and excel.