IPS is hiring in Northern California! We are looking for a talented Group Lead - Architecture to lead our Architecture team in our new San Francisco Bay Area, California office located in near the Emeryville Marina. The ideal candidate is a CA Registered Architect with life science and strong GMP experience. This position has an immediate start.
The Group Lead - Architecture provides leadership of technical discipline and directs the day to day operational activities of their assigned Group staff. Responsible for delivery of target gross margin profits of the department. Manages staffing activities, including recruiting, retention and development of department staff. Actively manages department revenue growth and labor efficiency.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the quality, accuracy, and completeness of overall work as to engineering, compliance with established IPS standards, procedures, codes, and ordinances. Primary responsible individual for quality of unit output related to adherence to stated project goals as well as legal and IPS guidelines and efficiency.
- Contributes technical input and oversees technical output of department and/or assigned group staff to assure compliance with legal, regulatory, and IPS project requirements. Protects IPS corporate welfare through application of prudent judgment and implementation of risk management techniques while maintaining supervisor (in conjunction with the Director of Architecture) over all health, safety, and welfare risks associated with their group staff projects.
- Develops and assures implementation of standards and tools to ensure department output meets or exceeds established quality and performance expectations.
- In conjunction with the Director or Architecture, oversees manpower planning of unit resources and administer technical staff to assure efficient assignment of resources on multiple, concurrent projects.
- In conjunction with the Director or Architecture and IPS’s Human Resource personal, recruits, retains and develops staffing plans to meet forecast labor and skills required to meet business plan. Supervises designers and architects and ensures that all employees within the department are properly managed, trained, and are provided career path opportunities. Instills a positive work environment and facilitates effective staff development efforts.
- Communicates staffing levels regularly with all levels of management at IPS.
- Prepares proposals for service and supports preparation of proposals by others. Supports business development with presentations and related marketing activities.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 15+ years of diversified engineering experience, at least 10 years of which have been in a supervisory or management capacity consisting of planning, designing and construction of engineering projects.
- Bachelor Degree; Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) degree with NAAB Accreditation required, AIA/NCARB Membership/Accreditation preferred.
- Architectural Registration Required, must be capable and willing to uphold “responsible control” over other’s work if the Director of Architecture is not available to do so
- +10 years of Life Sciences Industry experience required.
- Progressive ability, capacity, and aptitude in administration to plan, organize, supervise, and coordinate technical work and to obtain cooperation from others. Analytical thining, structured problem-solving skills, superior communications skills, team building and strong work ethic. Must be able to build rapport with department staff.
- Exceptional experience and knowledge of process, mechanical, structural, civil, electrical, plumbing, fire protection system design and how these systems integrate into architectural design.
- Possess a general understanding of BIM workflows.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
- Travel duration, if any, is based on project complexity and location.
- This position is a safety sensitive position. The employee is designated for field work and attends activities at client sites where they work in construction, process, packaging, manufacturing, research or other "non-administrative" areas.
- Must exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit by consistently seeking new opportunities to add value to the organization. Must strive for excellence in all aspects of job performance.
- Must approach their work enthusiastically with a contagious energy and drive that shows everyone they love what they do.
- Must display creativity and innovation by continually working to improve solutions, tools, methods and service delivery system.
- Must show competency in finding meaningful purpose and maintaining the upmost level of pride in their work.
- Must conduct oneself with an uncompromising commitment to the health, safety, and welfare of our clients and each other. Must act in an ethical, professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Must exhibit the ability to build and sustain long term relationships of mutual value through teamwork.
- Must be driven to succeed and committed to goal attainment.