The Group Internal Auditor is responsible for providing assurance to management that adequate systems of internal control exist. He/she will confirm these systems are operating satisfactorily by ensuring the accuracy and reliability of financial reporting and management information; safeguarding of company assets and information; operational efficiency; and adherence to corporate policies.
1. To participate in the internal audits of the Terumo Group companies in the USA, Latin America, Terumo Europe and of such other Terumo Group companies as may be required.
2. To issue internal reports based on the audit of each entity after discussions with the respective management including the CEO & CFO regarding: a) matters arising from the audit that require attention; b) recommendations for improvement in control; and c) management response to the recommendations and a timeline for completion.
3. To conduct audit testing for the purpose of JSOX compliance utilizing flowcharts, narratives, and risk matrices developed by Management for the identified key processes, namely: a) Order-to-Cash; b) Accounts Receivable; c) Procure-to-Pay; d) Inventory Management; and e) Financial Closing
4. To liaise with the external auditors as required to demonstrate compliance with JSOX requirements.
5. To maintain adequate working papers in support of the audit work performed and recommendations made which may be made available to external auditors or other agencies as evidence of internal audits conducted.
6. To assist in the planning and preparation of the annual audit plan for the TAH Internal Audit Department.
7. To keep abreast of latest developments in (US GAAP/GAAS/IFRS) in order to effectively conduct internal audits.
8. To report to the Americas Audit Committee and TAH Senior Management as required.
9. To conduct ‘ad hoc’ audit activities and investigations, as required by business conditions.
10. To participate in due diligence activity for proposed acquisitions as required.
• Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
o Ability to work independently with limited supervision & adherence to timelines
o Strong interpersonal skills required in order to develop and foster strong working business relationship and adapt to regional cultures
o Listens and communicates in a way that demonstrates respect for others and fosters clarity
o At all times to maintain strict confidentiality of all sensitive information to which he/she may be exposed in the conduct of the audit
o Respects differences and collaborates with others to achieve a common goal and demonstrates courage in raising tough issues for the good of Terumo
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Self-confidence and sound judgment to arrive at conclusions in the course of audit work
o To discuss and negotiate with management regarding internal control weaknesses and improvement opportunities requiring attention
o Ability to travel throughout the US and Latin America, etc…as required
• Background and Experience
o Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Accounting required – CPA/Master’s Degree preferred
o 5+ years of related experience
o Internal Audit Certification (CIA) a plus
o Understanding of JSOX/SOX requirements preferred
o Exposure working in and building relationships in a Global organization highly preferred
o Fluent in English; Fluency in Spanish/Portuguese a plus
o Working knowledge of ERP systems such as JD Edwards, SAP, etc.
o Microsoft suite (Word, XL, PowerPoint) essential