Summary: A Group Executive must be able to lead Project Managers (that means they must be able to be a Project Manager) and also be involved in the following: Plans and directs a division/groups activities, policies, objectives, and initiatives according to the mission of the organization. Ensures the division/groups meet budgeted financial goals and objectives. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to Senior level Executives.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Establish sub-group and group objectives through a quarterly business plan. Use the policies, procedures, and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
- Plan, staff, and supervise all Sub-group/Group activities that specifically relate to getting the job and getting the job done. The Group Executive responsibility includes the “yes or no” decision on all jobs. Also, included are personnel administration, performance review, defining and monitoring responsibilities, etc.
- Responsible for knowing what is going on and oversee monthly projections of costs on all jobs within group. Monitor cost analysis activities on routine basis.
- Performs and directs research and client contact to identify potential projects (customers).
- Monitor overall quantity and quality of work performed by the Sub-group/Group. Develop organization’s programs, standards, and procedures consistent with corporate policy.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required by the Sub-group/Group operating needs or as directed by the Group President or COO.
- Serves as a mentor to other staff members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills: Oral Communication SkillsWritten Communication SkillsDatabase Expertise-MS ExcelExcellent Customer ServiceProfessionalismGood Organizations Skills
- Requires a minimum of 10 years’ experience in related field and management.
- Four-year technical/business administration degree or equivalent.
- 10+ yrs. electricalcontracting project managementexperience including a minimum of 5+ years of experience in the Silicon Valley– hard bid and design-build large (5mil +) electrical projects.
- Strong sales, operations, human relations, customer service, and organizational ability.
- Con Est estimating system or similar systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.