As Group Strategy Director, you are responsible for the creation of the strategic direction a brand will take in communications to achieve their business goals. You are responsible for helping to strategize, produce and make sense of the key cultural, consumer and market intelligence required to design the best possible holistic communications plan to deliver on that task.
You have a passion for people, brands and ideas and an innate, almost insatiable curiosity for culture in every sense. You believe that brands can & should mean in the world, and are driven by the desire to understand the changing world and people’s subsequent shifting motivations and behaviors.
The absolute focus for this role is the quality and creativity of the work. This requires the ability to identify, embrace & sell new thinking, and excellent presentation skills and leadership behaviors are essential to the job.
Equally, you are responsible for ensuring that the Strategy Teams’ work is rooted in genuine insight & business understanding, and are expected to work alongside all Strategists, providing on the ground training where necessary & helping manage them to develop new strategic approaches & frameworks in collaboration with the Analytics, Communications Design and Client teams.
- Translating the client’s business goals into communications jobs that provide the team(s) with clear direction on the task they need to achieve
- Maintaining excellent client relationships & truly understanding the clients' key business and challenges
- Ensure the teams deliver best in class wok as standard
- Proactively identify strategic issues before they potentially become real client problems, demonstrating strong analytical & strategic skills to help solve those problems
- Push the Strategy teams to deliver innovative thinking that inspires leading edge solutions and award-winning breakthrough work
- Measurable client & strategy business KPIs
- Clearly & succinctly brief the Strategy teams on the client’s business objectives, translating them into actionable Strategic Communications Tasks for the Teams to solve
- Provide and/or guide strategic input for all plans, internally & externally
- Bring fresh thinking & inspiration into the Strategic Process, actively demonstrating how non-‘media’ inspiration can provide a springboard to better Strategic thinking
- Drive the development & usage of the Cultural Analytical Process/Tools to help teams find new insights that unlock growth
- Work with the Strategy Directors to deliver executable, relevant, on brand platforms with the potential for fame/award entry
- Identify and facilitate the training needs of the Strategy team in conjunction with the CSO
- Train, guide & assist the Strategy & Client teams in development and packaging of ideas
- Positively collaborate with SBU and independent creative partners, contributing to their/our client work
- Use qualitative & and quantitative communications channel & cultural tool research to develop applicable insights into the consumer connection with the brand
- Partner with Analytics Strategy team to develop POVs on research, understanding & measurement solutions, inputting into the development of cutting edge proprietary planning, research and reporting models required to compete & dominate in the marketplace
- Lead ideation team sessions in conjunction with the Communications Design team and relevant SBUs to generate creative & compelling communications ideas
- Contribute to Agency/Client revenue opportunities via teams' Strategic output
- Proactively work with all partners (vendors, academic institutions, creative consultancies) to unlock new growth opportunities for the client &/or the agency
- New Business
- Contribute to new business success (local market)
- Contribute to organic revenue from Strategic product (e.g. idea IP), tools (e.g. cultural models) & capabilities (e.g. training & ideation workshops)
- Participation in new business as required, leading Strategy for minimum 2 pitches per year
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years in integrated planning role in media, creative, innovation or communications discipline (digital, content, invention, social, activation)
- Ability to think differently: creative & adaptive, entrepreneurial, independently-minded; deeply immersed in cultural understanding
- Driven by a desire to know more the world / to better understand people’s motivations & behaviors in the shifting landscape
Tracking Code : 20149061