Provides leadership of all public affairs, government relations, stakeholder partnerships, strategic communications, sustainability and community related programming and initiatives within the PACS West Zone, with a priority focus on high-profile progressive markets with a high concentration of divergent stakeholders and significant legislative and stakeholder engagement requirements.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Serves as a member of the NAOU West leadership team, providing direction to help advance the system’s reputation locally across the Western United States. Identifies, assesses and proactively manages risks and opportunities that may impact business performance and/or Company reputation.
- In partnership with West Zone leadership, collaborates with franchise bottlers to optimize cross-functional and system-wide alignment of resources and maximize the impact of public affairs, government relations, stakeholder partnerships, communications plans, sustainability and community programming and initiatives.
- Monitors regional NGOs, activists, and political developments to identify trends with implications to the business. Engages with and builds coalitions with regional and local government and non-government stakeholders to advocate for or against and advance policies and programming that support our business goals in collaboration with our Public Policy, Sustainability and Federal GR Team and Stakeholder & Community Management Team.
- Identifies and monitors regional and local divergent stakeholders in the West Zone states to understand their priorities and develop a strategic plan for engagement. Engages with convergent stakeholders to strengthen our impact and deliver value to the business.
- Works to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with elected officials NGOs, industry groups and other external stakeholders in communities across the West Zone, including representing the company on various local boards.
- Collaborates with local bottlers and industry to advance local legislative strategy for the Coca-Cola system across the West Zone. Ensures compliance with all local lobbying and political expenditure disclosure requirements in coordination with the Government Relations team.
- Works to advance the reputation of the Coca-Cola system with key stakeholders and influential consumers in West Zone markets.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 15+ years of relevant experience, ideally in senior roles with responsibility for public affairs, government relations, communications, stakeholder management and sustainability.
- Proven track record of building and leading high-performing teams.
What We Can Do for You
- Purpose driven approach that empowers our people to protect the environment and communities we serve while delivering safe & quality products.
- Ability & exposure to cross-functional connected teams across the country & globe allow you to enhance and maintain global connections.