ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our Investment teams are critical in bringing our media plans to life. Our digital expertise is embedded within blended teams of Video and Digital investment professionals across all capabilities. We work in conjunction with our planning teams and are responsible for the negotiating and purchasing of media real estate. We are an integral part in capturing a client’s vision to engage the intended audience.
- This role is dedicated to the Unilever business and reports to the Unilever Investment Lead
- This role is a critical lead on a major and visible piece of business in our NY office. This position is client facing, works in lock step with video, biddable, shopper and strategic planning leads
- Provides the oversight and connection across the holistic digital and video plans and is a main voice to the digital media partnership marketplace
- Strong investment skills, including negotiation, marketplace experience and ability to guide investment strategies is key
- This role is a key leader within our office, bringing the Mindshare spirit and culture to life and inspiring the teams around them
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT THIS POSITION:
- A member of the Account Leadership Council, on the agency’s biggest and most prestigious account, leading a dynamic team at the forefront of the media revolution, seeking groundbreaking new ways to future proof our client’s media approach
- Working on prestigious brands in the Unilever portfolio is a great way to build up your visibility and experience within the digital industry
- The client has embraced the interconnected and exciting digital marketplace across all digital media, including Shopper, which gives this leader a unique opportunity to engage across a spectrum of digital specialties
- Key contributor to bringing the account vision to life, which is centered on agility, audience centricity, business outcomes, creativity and cross team collaboration, as we embed the brands in culture and drive the business forward
HOW WE’LL GROW TOGETHER:
- Crafting a holistic Video Neutral Vision to meet today’s consumers where they are and going beyond an individual channel view
- Working closely with the other digital and linear investment leaders across the country, as well as the integrated investment business leads means you will have the opportunity to expand upon specific client’s experiences across all verticals and capabilities – well beyond the digital sphere
- Mindshare is the agency crafted and designed to allow you to do the best work of your career!
CORE TEAM VALUES:
- A culture of “Yes, and”
- Listening with an open mind
- Constant and seamless collaboration
- Infusing provocation through Ideas & Innovation
- Embracing change and always improving
- Shared accountability
As an investment leader you will oversee and have ownership of the ultimate delivery, operations and total accuracy of all direct (digital + video) buying on your assigned account(s). This role is essential to deliver cohesive campaigns, ensure fluidity across tactics/channels and provide a heightened level of implementation quality, speed and fiduciary accuracy. This role will need to both counsel and be a resource for the directors (digital)/associate director (linear) and to oversee portfolio ways of working. You will help the directors (digital)/associate director (linear) solve challenges quickly in a very fast paced environment and lead the team on day to day negotiations and strategies. This role also needs to be meeting with the marketplace regularly, providing POVs on opportunities to internal team & clients, be prepared and able to lead larger deal negotiations as well as ensure all budget trackers/roll ups are up to date and accurate.
This role is central to the collaboration necessary to operate and deliver as one digital/linear investment team – partnering with the Biddable Lead, Shopper Lead, Search Lead, Video Lead and Strategic Planning Leads, activities and deliverables to all internal and external stakeholders.
This role will lead the Digital Direct and Linear Video buying teams to increase operational excellence in delivery and accuracy through coordinated delivery of buys, ensure best practices are being applied within the context of client-specific strategies, and consult with Account Platform Leads to assure alignment in operational matters, including staffing.
You will collaborate with the Account Platform Service Lead(s) on client and internal deliverables/presentations and within the marketplace to:
- Position yourselves as one Video team with overall expertise as well as expertise within your respective areas of specialty
- Lead the portfolio level digital and video deliverables, coordinating the 8 CET Digital Direct Directors as well as the Video investment team
- Ensure consistent pricing and execution aligned with best practices
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Expertise in Linear TV buying, participated in upfronts
- Expertise in Digital buying specifically Digital Video
- Knowledge of digital and linear marketplace and robust negotiation experience is a must
- Understanding of verification (i.e. MOAT, DV, Open Slate)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Media Tools and Donovan Data Systems is a plus
- 3rd party syndicated research resources (i.e. Comscore, Nielsen, etc.) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, or communications
- Ability to analyze data to derive insights and key take away
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and detail oriented
At Mindshare, we believe in speed, teamwork and provocation. Mindshare USA empowers people to challenge the status quo, through what we call Provocation with Purpose. We’ll encourage you to break the rules, knock things down, rebuild them better, and push the boundaries of what’s possible. It takes a team of people who invest in other’s success, and together we make Mindshare the place where we do the best work of our career. We’re a team that is radically honest – we call this our Authenticity Quotient. We are curious and competitive – that’s our Passion Quotient. We embrace teamwork and adaptability – that’s our Emotional Quotient. We’re proud to be unmistakably #TeamMindshare.