As a team, we:
- Lead and inspire design teams and individuals.
- Provide oversight and lead design activities across client and internal projects.
- Create opportunities to solve business challenges with design excellence.
As a Group Design Director, you:
- Drive design quality, practice, and offerings that meet business and user goals as well as create new offerings within Fjord.
- Deeply understand the market and can speak to our clients and the industry about our content, craft, and trends fluently and convincingly.
- Lead design points of view, proposal creation, and relationship management across key clients in studio.
- Own craft and capability output across the studio, ensuring each studio deliverable is of the highest quality.
- Demonstrate creativity in the pursuit of new business and leadership of teams.
- Manage and lead the studio’s Design team, maintain motivation and morale, addressing team performance, and growth.
- Ensure that the design studio is using the most appropriate design methods and practices.
- Manage at least one account and oversee quality and output of all projects for that account. Establish and lead client and account relationships for successful account growth.
- Present at conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
Working together, we will:
- Design integrated ecosystems of innovative products and services.
- Explore and implement new ways for teams to collaborate with each other.
- Build and strengthen the multidisciplinary skillsets of designers across the region.
- 12+ years of relevant industry experience; demonstrated experience leading a multidiscipline design practice.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a design discipline; a master’s degree is preferred.
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
- Mastery in multiple areas of expertise including Service Design, Product Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or Content Design.
- Proven history of managing cross-functional teams to create a powerful, effective, and coherent design solution.
- Excellent leadership skills, problem resolution abilities, and good judgment.
- Highly proactive with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, high integrity, pragmatism, professionalism, and efficiency.