As a Group Creative Director, you manage both the creative direction of our largest projects and the career paths of other Creative Directors, making sure no talent goes to waste and the work is always the best we can produce. These are crazy-talented people who pitch original design concepts, global marketing campaigns and digital media production directly to some of the biggest brands in the world. Group Creative Directors oversee multiple projects from ask through execution, and directly manage a team of Creative Directors under them. This is the leadership position of leaders, and we need someone who can represent our culture and standards to all levels and disciplines within the department, company-wide, and across the industry.
What we’d like to see:
- A robust background with extensive experience in a client facing, creative leadership role in a digital agency environment.
- Recognized expertise in collateral, visual identity, and interactive design.
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process—as well as new platforms and technologies for the digital channel and related media.
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction, career path guidance and timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule.
- Proven leadership skills. We need people who are confident with everything from team building to mentoring to guiding large groups of creative talent.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need. Timelines, budgets, and availabilities change—we need someone who can roll with it.