As a key member of the finance management team, provide leadership and coordination of all accounting functions of the distribution and sales organization, including strategic planning, profitability analysis, and financial controls. Responsible for application of accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as month end close, financial reporting, and budgeting. Prepare critical financial analysis and present findings and recommendations todivision and corporate management. Ensure company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles and are compliant with best practice internal control procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee daily operations of the finance department.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Ensure internal and external policy compliance
- Manage the preparation of financial forecasts.
- Design, establish, and maintain a system of internal controls in order toensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors.
- Work with department managers to develop budgets and strategic business plans for the company.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of departments.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing toeffectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience, Competencies and Education
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of direct experience required.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Experience with SAP is strongly preferred
- Experience in a distribution facility a plus
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in financial concepts and application of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must understand internal control requirements and best practices as well as demonstrate the ability to suggest mitigating controls, where necessary.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to work autonomously and as part of a larger team.
- Must be able to lead and manage a diverse group of individuals.
- Language Skills
- Strong oral and written skills are a must.
- Ability to present findings and recommendations to management.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES:
- Month end close and account reconciliations
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Sales and use tax
- Internal controls
- Cost control and cost savings initiatives
- Monthly and ad hoc reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting
List all physical demands required of the employee that is needed tosuccessfully complete/perform the job
List possible exposures to extreme work environment issues such as loud noise, excessive temperatures, outside environments, etc...