About the Role
As Group Consultant- Retirement and Fringe Benefits you provide high level analysis that influences every aspect of plan design, delivery and client consultation. The right candidate possesses technical expertise in the following areas: plan design of qualified and nonqualified plans, welfare plans and trusts, general nondiscrimination testing, fiduciary responsibility, and governmental compliance programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop innovative and strategic ideas to identify and solve prospects' and clients' benefits needs and issues
- Provide high level analysis and preliminary review of client deliverables
- Assume a mentorship role on the team and be a key to future leadership by building strong client relationships and promoting all areas of employee benefits consulting and compliance
- Build and cultivate new business within the existing client base
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 7-15 years of experience within the middle market with data collection and analysis; plan design and administration for defined benefit/defined contribution plans, knowledge of employee benefit laws, ERISA laws and regulations, Internal Revenue Code and regulations, compliance, and resolution programs
This position can be located in Detroit, Columbus or Chicago. Relocation candidates will be considered. Limited travel is expected.
Compensation & Perks
Target salary of $125k-$150k with considerations based on experience.