Group Consolidations Manager
The Group Consolidations Manager will beresponsible for the overall enterprise consolidation process and review of inter-company transactions and profit eliminations, corporate consolidations accounting, consolidated generalledger and ownership of the consolidatedtrial balance. This is inclusive of ensuring proper accounting for the Company’s corporate level transactions, such as corporate allocations, accrual calculations, journal entries, and reconciliations. The Group Consolidations Manager will coordinate, manage andsupport monthly consolidation close activities for timeliness, accuracy, and completeness. Using a firm understanding of our entity structure, generalledger andfinancial systems, the Group Consolidations Manager will drive process improvements and efficiencies while ensuring the integrity of the process and data. This positionpartners with the entire corporate accounting team,finance, and business units tosupport the consolidations andinternal/externalreportingprocesses. Job duties to include:
- Oversees the consolidated financial closings, special transactions, local currency and functional currency accounting processes.
- Prepares financial reporting, including internal and externals statements.
- Responsible for ensuring that new accounting pronouncements are appropriately applied by the various entities within the company.
- Takes ownership of the Company’s Group Consolidations and accounting process and policy manual.
- Responsible for evaluating the Company’s foreign exchange exposure and implementing the necessary accounting procedures and controls.
- Participates in the development of software applications/processes implemented for both the business and accounting functions.
- Researches and discusses complex accounting and reporting issues related to significant Company transactions and financial reporting process, as well as prepares memoranda related to complex issues as needed. Clear understanding of differences between US GAAP, and IFRS is required. Uses critical thinking to identify appropriate accounting treatment and collaborates with business leaders to ensure favorable accounting treatment where necessary.
- Works cross functionally with parent company(TAH) FP&A, subsidiaries and external auditors.
- Job ID 5572BR
- Aliso Viejo, California, USA
Apply for this job
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountingrequired.
- Minimum of 8 years practical work experience and familiarity with areas of intercompany transactions, revaluation, translation, multi-currency consolidations and financial reporting. And at least 2 years of management responsibility.
- Advanced PC skills using Outlook, Word, Excel (ability to perform Pivots, V-lookups and other functions with Excel).
- Prior experience with ERP systems, such as SAP and Oracle. JD Edwards, a plus.
- Proven ability to leverage current technology to drive process efficiencies.
- CPA or Accounting certification preferred
- Strong leadership with associate performance management experience, analytical ability, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical accounting skills including knowledge of GAAP and IFRS and foreign currency translation.
- Ability to work with a high level of initiative, self-motivation, and confidence; work cordially with others.
- Demonstrated stress tolerance to work in a fast-paced work environment with definitive timelines.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, teamwork orientation and diplomacy.
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Possess an ownership mentality, with the willingness to roll-up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.