Clearance Requirement: A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.See More
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Ground Systems Satellite Engineer II
Ground Systems Satellite Engineer needed to support an operational asset, requirements definition, analysis, and test and operation of a space vehicle and ground system for a government customer.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and collaboratively work across the Ball and sub-contractor team providing engineering support
- Face-to-face interaction with senior customers and contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups
- Prepare and present a daily system status
- Conduct and check daily system trending
- Support to operational validation of software releases, database maintenance, user administration, and investigation of system anomalies
- Develop and update operator procedures
- Conduct monthly orbit adjust
- Understand customer needs and develop them into technical requirements and work across the team to establish an executable schedule
- Maintain contract CDRLs and tracking action Items
- Update and provide training (~6 times a year) to Spacecraft Engineers and Operation Engineers at the customer location
- Day position working core hours with the possibility to work off hours to resolve any issues that could arise
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Perform other duties as necessary
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- TS/SCI security clearance and polygraph required
- Demonstrated knowledge of ground systems for spacecraft operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication skills, oral presentation skills, and an ability to lead group discussions
- Effective working with people at all levels and with outside customers, able and willing to contribute wherever and however needed, provide leadership and guidance to program activities and staff.
- Knowledgeable of requirements management, functional analysis, interface definition and control, synthesis, and verification and validation.
- Capable of developing operations concepts
- Experience in mission management, flight dynamics, or command & control domains
- Work is performed at the customer location in a team environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Current Clearance Required:
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Valid through: 1/19/2021