Responsible for satellite, ground, and flight systems andinfrastructure operations and administration to includeinformation technology (IT) employment, analysis, design, development, deployment, integration, testing, andsecuritycompliance.
- Gather and analyze IT systems, network and infrastructure requirements to design, build, test, and maintain satellite, flight, and ground systems to support Development, Integration & Test, and Mission Operations phases to realize mission objectives. Interact with aerospace scientists, applications engineers, program managers, subcontractors, and sponsors in technical meetings, formal reviews, and mission events.
- Work within a technical team in the development, procurement, implementation, deployment, integration, hardening, and testing of workstations, data and voice networks, and special data acquisition and test equipment in order to meet mission requirements, plans, performance, quality, and security objectives.
- Administer IT systems and monitor infrastructure throughout mission life-cycle phases.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field and/or five (5) or more years of equivalent professional IT systems engineering experience with current DoD 8570 and 8140 compliance/certification.
- Demonstrated IT systems engineering and administration experience designing and administering mission critical systems within a robust IT infrastructure (UNIX/Linux, Windows, Active Directory, Cisco, EMC, VMware, etc.)
- Experience implementing Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), and Defense Security Service (DSS) Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM) compliant policies and technical controls.
- Self-starter with excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills including the ability to manage, direct, and collaborate with technical staff and teams within a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrated track record of making sound decisions.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with SSBI.
- Cisco Certified NetworkAssociate (CCNA)
- Demonstrated Missions Operations Center (MOC) or ground systems IT network engineering and administration experience.
- Familiarity with Cloudera products
- Familiarity with NASA launch operations, DoD Acquisition Process, Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN), Space-Ground Link Systems (SGLS), or Space and Missile Systems Center System Engineering standards.