KBR (formerly SGT) is seeking a Ground Station Senior System Engineer for the Landsat Ground Station (LGS) to join its talented team in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. KBR, headquartered in Houston, Texas, is the prime Technical Services Support Contractor (TSSC) to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), providing support in the areas of science, engineering and technical operations at the Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Centernear Sioux Falls, SD. This Senior System Engineer position will focus on performing system engineering and leadership duties in support of the Landsat Ground Station
Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering and/or Computer Science
- Minimum of 4-6 years of related technical experience
- Provides technical support, and system engineering functions for the various Landsat Ground Station (LGS) subsystems including the primary (10-Meter) and backup (5.4-Meter) antennas and all associated S & X-Band components, ground station scheduling (CSIS), ground station automation (EPOCH), and associated data capture (DCS, AVPD), data ingest for Landsat-1 thru 7 (LPS, LACS, MACS), and Landsat-8 data assembly (DCRS) custom software applications.
- Performs system analysis of requirements; defines system solutions to integrate and deliver capabilities into the LGS as part of the overall Landsat mission(s).
- Works closely with Landsat Operations Task Manager, LGS SatComm Engineers, LGS Operations staff, USGS, and other mission-level partners to meet the needs of the overall mission
- Conduct systems engineering activities in accordance with the Landsat Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) including preparing operations concepts, developing and implementing requirements, defining and documenting interface definitions, conducting architecture and trade study analysis, developing integration plans, presenting milestone reviews to the customer, and executing formal testing
- Manage Configuration Change Requests (CCR) and or Hardware Change Requests HCR) for the LGS in accordance with established Configuration Management (CM) processes.
- Support new mission development activities for the LGS and support integration with current missions
- Provide leadership and guidance on engineering aspects of the development and integration of multiple systems through system analysis and design, system integration, and decision analysis and resolution
- Support technical activities with other applicable personnel internal and external to the Landsat Project
- Support Landsat Operations Task Manager data calls and scenarios
Required Skills / Requirements:
- DOORS requirements management knowledge
- Change Management experience
- Integration and test experience
- Experience with RF or ground station operations
- Verbal/Presentation Skills: Ability to conduct project reviews (project kickoff, preliminary and critical design, test readiness, and operational readiness), provide briefings upon request
- Written skills: Ability to develop and review technical documentation including requirements, trade studies, test plans, procedures, etc.
- Able to evaluate customer needs and translate into technical requirements or engineering activities
Desired Skills / Requirements:
- Experience with EPOCH Satellite Test and Operations Language (STOL) Programming
- Ground Station Automation experience
- Linux/Unix System Administration knowledge
- Window System Administration knowledge
- Shell scripting knowledge