Location Peterson AFB/1050 E. Stewart Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80914
Employee Type Full Time Exempt
Minimum Experience 10 Years
Required Degree None
Manage Others No
LinQuest Corporation is looking for a Ground-Based Missile Warning SME to join a high-performance team supporting the 21 SW and their missile warning radars. This position will provide critical support and necessary subject matter expertise of 21 OG weapon systems with respect to MW/MD and SSA mission areas. The SME will apply broad and comprehensive technical knowledge of 21 OG MW/MD and SSA systems. This support requires the SME to assist in current operations, maintenance, and sustainment activities to include providing substantial functional and mission expertise necessary to ensure both the timely and successful transition to operations of new 21 OG systems as well as operations and sustainment of legacy systems (i.e. UEWRs).
- Assist in current operations, maintenance, and sustainment activities to include providing substantial functional and mission expertise necessary to ensure both the timely and successful transition to operations of new 21 OG systems and operations/sustainment of legacy systems: Below is an example list of some of the upgrades/activities to be supported.
- Upgraded Early Warning Radar (UEWR)
- Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attach Characterization System (PARCS) Mission Data Processor (PMDP) program upgrades to several major components of the Radar
- Cobra Dane (CD) upgrades and Long-Range Discrimination Radar (LRDR) support (LRDR projected for Initial Operational Capability (IOC) in 2020
- Eglin AFB, FL (Multi-Pulse Linear Frequency Modulation (MPLFM))—software upgrade will significantly improve range accuracy for deep-space
- Ground-based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance (GEODSS): Upgrades: Upgrades the imaging system for current telescopes, adds new AdvancedTechnology Sensors (ATS), and potentially adds two new site locations
- "Holt" -- Harold E. Holt Naval Communications Station at North West Cape in Western
- Australia (also known as C-Band radar)
- Space Fence: Radar located in Kwajalein, Operations Center located in Huntsville, AL; IOC in late Spring 2019
- 18th Space Control Squadron (18 SPCS) Joint Space Operations Center (JSpOC) Mission
- System (JMS) which is in development, intended to eventually replace Space Defense
- Operations Center (SPADOC), and operationally managed by 21 OG
- Have a thorough understanding of the Wing's mission, vision, priorities, and objectives in accordance with (IAW) the approved 21 SW Strategic Plan.
- Ability to work with both internal and external senior leaders, offices, directorates, and action officers who influence and/or are influenced by Headquarters (HQ) Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) directorates, 14th Air Force (14 AF), 21 OG, 21 OSS, 21 CES, 21 CS, 21 SW/XP, 21st Logistics Squadron (21 LRS), 21 SW/PMD, 21 SW GSUs, AF Installation Management Support Center (AFIMSC) Detachment (Det) 1, Missile Defense Agency (MDA), AF Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC), Space and Missile Center (SMC), US Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), etc. to gain better insights into on-going and planned efforts across the Wing and its GSUs, facilitating optimum execution of limited resources and program priorities.
- Ability to understand, continually analyze, and assess current 21 SW integration procedures/practices and recommend innovative solutions that optimize and advance MW/MD & SSA mission capabilities (e.g., remote operations, Tactics, Techniques & Procedures development for 21 SW weapon systems, improving communications network operations and management infrastructure at GSUs, improving cross-organizational integration processes/coordination, recommend and assist in the effective implementation of automated business intelligence opportunities, improving support to GSUs, and make recommendations on improving weapon systems utilization, etc.).
- Ability to make recommendations to enhance current and future systems/capabilities/operations of 21 SW missions and make recommendations for changes to organizational processes and contracted mission requirements being managed by 21 SW/PMD.
- Ability to analyze current weapon system operations and make recommendations to improve tactics to optimize weapon system utilization/capabilities.
- 4 year degree or 10+ years experience with AFSPC ground-based missile warning radars
- Recent or relevant 21 Space Wing experience desired
- Recent or relevant HQ AFSPC staff experience desired
- U.S. Citizenship and active Secret Clearance is required to be considered for this position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a work environment that values and respects each Team Member as an individual and important member of our culturally diverse organization. In keeping with this commitment, the Company is dedicated to providing a work environment free from any type of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, covered veteran and military status, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics,political affiliation, or any other classification protected by law. This commitment and policy applies to all areas of employment.
**CA** (for internal purposes only)