Project Managers (PMs) are responsible for the overall direction, management, communication, coordination of status reports, and accountability of project oriented work efforts and success of their projects across the IT organization. PMs create scope documents based on approved charters and project plans (work breakdown structures); track key milestones and adjust project plans, budget requests and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Partner with IT technical staff and business sponsor to ensure the design accomplishes both business and technical requirements
- Manage business client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them; Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to leadership where required
- Accountable for managing and monitoring project performance of multiple projects with one or more internal and external dependencies, multiple scopes, including: providing guidance to Leadership and core team which consist of Business/IT and external entities; Manages Issues, Risk, Dependencies, and Change Request following the established PMO guidelines
- Identifies, negotiates, communicates, and manages project changes; Reports status of project, including project risks, to customers, project team, supervisor, Project Offices, governance and other key staff
- Oversee product documentation and archiving; Adheres to the Project Management standards for project closure
- Responsible for managing external and vendor relationships (including the SOW and managing to implementation (deliverables and schedules)
- 5+ years of broad applied project management experience in managing technology projects and leading technical staff, preferably from a highly regulated industry like energy, finance, or government operations
- Experience in managing utility demand response programs either for a utility company or for a demand response provider strongly preferred
- PMP certification or working towards certification strongly preferred
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics
- Solid knowledge and experience in various Project Management and Product Development concepts, methodologies and processes
- Experience in data management processes and data analytics
- Must have a solid demonstrated proficiency in the use and/or understanding of project tracking and management tools such as Smartsheets, Planview, ServiceNow, and Workfront (including project schedule & financial tracking, reports and outputs)
- Solid proficiency with capacity planning and project projections Strong PC skills specifically utilizing the Google Office suite products (e.g., Google Mail, Sheets, Documents, Google Drive etc.)
- Strong communications (written and verbal)
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.