A financial services company is seeking a strong Greenplum DBA.
- Certify that all Greenplum environments meet best practices standards
- Provide suggestions for mitigating any observed vulnerabilities.
- Build new Greenplum environments
- Document all new and existing environments and create additional documentation for installations, upgrades, migrations etc.
- Create shell scripts required for monitoring and alerting, as well as automating tasks day-to-day tasks.
- Help optimize load jobs and automate schema/table clones.
- Create new roles, schemas, group roles and assign to resources as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot issues as required
- Migrate multi-Terabyte databases from legacy servers to the new infrastructure.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery exercises.
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Experience installing, configuring, upgrading and maintaining Greenplum
- Understanding of the standard Greenplum architecture and catalog tables and views.
- Experiencesupporting OLAP workloads in multi-terabyte environments.
- Experience with Greenplum database administration
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly in production environments.
- Experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x or CentOS Linux 2.0.
- Experience with writing shell scripts