Greenhouse Gas Systems Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • Commercial Transportation
Allison Transmission, the world's largest manufacturer of fully automatic transmissions for medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles, is seeking an experienced professional to fill a Greenhouse Gas Systems Engineer position. This position quantify the impact of transmission hardware and features on GHG emissions through regulatory simulation models.
- Develop testing plans and priorities for dynamometer test evaluation of transmission hardware efficiency and feature efficiency.
- Generate technical data required to optimize Allison products for OEM compliance with Greenhouse Gas regulations.
- Communicate technical data to internal and external engineering organizations as well as regulatory/certification agencies.
- Prepare and present technical status reports tointernal organizations.
- Assess worldwide Greenhouse Gas regulations and identify impacts to Allison products and customers.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Automotive, or otherEngineering discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the area fuel economy analysis and development or GHG emissions
- Ability to understand Greenhouse Gas regulations and identify impacts to Allison products.
- Ability to develop procedures to incorporate Greenhouse Gas regulations into engineering practice.
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency in written and spoken business communication.
- Experience with heavy-duty vehicle applications
- Experience with powertrain dynamometer testing
- Experience with regulatory rulemaking process and providing comments to rulemakings
- Experience with fuel consumption requirements
- Experience with criteria emissions testing and PEMS testing
As one of Indiana’s largest publicly-traded companies with its global headquarters in Speedway, Allison has a long and storied history – but is focused on the future and providing solutions for our customers. If you have the skills and experience we’re seeking and want to work in an environment where your contributions will be seen and make a difference, join Allison and be part of a company with people and products that improve the way the world works.
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.