Green Infrastructure Lead
11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
AKRF seeks an independent, entrepreneurial, and experienced design professional and business leader to spearhead a major corporate initiative to expand AKRF’s growing services in the Midwest. In the short to medium term, the focus will be on building a green infrastructure and wet weather practice, leveraging our industry-leading work in green infrastructure with nationally-recognized programs in New York City, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia among others, and through our current engagement in providing green infrastructure-related services to multiple communities in the Midwest.
The ideal candidate will possess the drive and ability to oversee a startup operation focused on the delivery of green infrastructure and wet weather services to major Midwest municipal markets. The candidate will need to leverage existing contacts within the green infrastructure and wet weather industry to identify, source, and capitalize on new business opportunities, as well as provide a primary client-facing and project management role for AKRF’s existing Midwest green infrastructure and wet weather engagements.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for working with AKRF’s corporate leadership to identify and set up operations in an initial office location to service the Midwest market, to identify and interview job candidates to support expanding operations, and establish basic operational and physical infrastructure needed to support technical work and office functions. Over the longer term, the candidate will also assist AKRF in establishing additional service lines within Midwest municipal markets.
- 10+ years of experienceworking with municipal clients to deliver wet weather and green infrastructure services to clients within the Midwest
- Technical knowledge and expertise in several of the following areas:
- Combined sewer overflow planning and program management
- MS4/NPDES planning and compliance
- Green infrastructure design, planning, construction management, and operations and maintenance
- Stormwater utility planning
- P.E. licensure preferred
- Proven success with business development within wet weather and green infrastructure markets in the Midwest
- Well established professional network within wet weather and green infrastructure markets in the Midwest
- Exceptional communication, project management, and business operations skills