The Green Grass Manager is responsible for supporting initiatives at Green Grass customers in the Canada Region. This position will serve as the support contact for Master Staff activities, including planning events, hosting, fitting, and product correspondence. The role will also be responsible for analyzing the competitive landscape to develop event-specific marketing and sales strategies. Support for logo related business, VIP tours, product overviews and fitting may be included as well as onsite support at Callaway events, customer events, professional tour events.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides program support for Callaway customers and Sales Representatives for Master Staff Programs, as well as overall staff program support
• Evaluates Master Staff order entry by Sales Representatative to ensure accurancy
• Coordinates Staff recruiting and new Staff visits to Callaway Golf’s headquarters as needed
• Coordinates Staff Advisory Board activites and offer ideas as solutions
• Lead planning efforts for Staff Advisory Board
• Procure contact information for the Pro Tour events to be distributed to Regional Sales Director and Outside Sales Representative in a given territory
• Participates in the establishment and enforcement of best practice work processes and standards
• Responsible of new product launches for channels of responsibilities; monitors orders and delivery to ensure account satisfaction
• Support Tournament Program as needed
• Ability to order highly detailed product specifications and see through to delivery as needed
• Assist other strategic sales initiatives as assigned
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Excellent customer service skills, including ability to handle difficult customers, and ability to build strong business relationships with a wide variety of customer types.
• Leader with the ability to establish and communicate vision, foster enthusiasm and excitement toward successful achievement of project, department and corporate goals.
• Cross functional golf industry expertise with the proven ability to identify new revenue opportunities.
• Strong knowledge of golf equipment, both Callaway and competitors
• Understanding of Callaway and Odyssey product line, history and vision of the company.
• Thorough knowledge of Callaway Golf custom club fitting methods, and impact on playability of customization or alteration requests
• Solid understanding of Sales channel and market planning strategies and concepts.
• Creative ability to analyze market and channel sales data and formulate new and innovative strategies for capitalizing on potential growth opportunities.
• Good understanding of the importance of brand building and an ability to manage development of brands
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects while delivering results in a timely manner.
• Ability to lead projects and deliver through various departments in the organization
• Ability to drive for results and excellence in execution
• Ability to proficiently use of Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Office and Callaway’s SAP and Order Tool
• Must be highly reliable in attendance. Our work environment requires punctuality and attendance that meets or exceeds company standards
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
• Minimum of 5 years golf industry experience
• Minimum of 2 years sales experience
• Golf club fitting experience preferred
• Previous experience in either a golf operation or retail, including interaction with customers required
• Thorough understanding of the Green Grass channel of business