5 - 7 years experience • Government & Non-Profit
The Grassroots Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of a strong network of activist NFIB members in the states of Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina. This role develops, coordinates, and implements grassroots activities for NFIB members, in coordination with internal departments, to further advance the organization’s mission and grow member activism.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, recruiting and training activists, coordinating strategic grassroots campaigns, administering strategies for activism, building and maintaining a key contact program, especially in priority legislative districts, and maintenance of activist data. Work collaboratively with state teams and media managers to support opportunities for member participation, plan and execute events and meetings, assist with fundraising, political activities, member recruitment, and membership support.
Keep abreast of best practices and trends in grassroots advocacy, and supportfellow grassroots managers.
Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; work outcomes must meet and / or exceed productivity and quality standards. Must be able to work as part of a cooperative team environment, adhering to Company and Department policies and procedures. Performs other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Political Science, related field; or equivalent.
- Five (5) years relevant work experience as a grassroots coordinator, fundraiser, event planning, or similar position.
- Experience working for a non-profit, elected official, and / or on a political campaignpreferred.
- Knowledge of grassroots advocacy efforts, trends, and the legislative process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and membership database software.
- Ability to represent NFIB at meetings and events. Able to travel approximately 50 nights per year.
- Ability to meet deadlines, negotiate conflicts, take initiative, assume project responsibility, and prioritize work under pressure. Must possess flexibility and stress tolerance.
- Professional, energetic self-starter. Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills; including public presentation skills.