Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL®hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
What a Graphics Engineer does at EA:
The Graphics Engineer has a very broad view of the game’s rendering codebase, and works daily on implementing features that can involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain.
- Develop, design, modify, and optimize graphic and related rendering systems for the Madden Franchise
- Responsible for profiling as well as optimization of rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine
- Responsible for programming the core rendering tool, feature, and graphical engine components of game engine
- Works with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new rendering and animation features
- Debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure, tools and processes.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Maintains high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
What does EA look for?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 3+ years C++ programming experience
- Expertise in a few of the following areas: shaders (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX), animation, skinning, lighting, special effects, particle systems, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture
- Strong experience with multithreading and Object Oriented Programming
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Strong Debugging skills
- Knowledge of art related tools to include Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush, etc is a plus
- Experience working with data driven systems.
- Understanding of GPU and CPU architectures and optimization thereof
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C# is a plus
- Experience with Perforce is a plus
- Console programming experience (specifically dealing with memory and performance in a fixed resources system) is desired.
- Requisition Number:115449